Numbers from RTL games?

Midfielder10

Loves Hot Sauce
Can anyone who has gone post some stats from the games, and any notes you had about how the guys were progressing?

Woolridge with 39 points? God, his a** better not see the floor next year. Waste of a scholarship... never gonna do anything good....

Woolridge with 39 points? God, his a** better not see the floor next year. Waste of a scholarship... never gonna do anything good....
I hope you're not implying that woolridge is good because he scored some points in a no defense summer leagues
. You must have missed the next night when he was solidly outplayed by an lmu kid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Kid plays hard, works hard, wants to be a vol, wants to get better. Indeed, let their be no applauding of kids like that who play for the university we love. Please reign down with your complaints. Yeah he didn't have a great year and he certainly has a lot of room to improve, but a kid who hardly saw the floor the second half of the season scores 39 points in a summer league game and I see that as a step in the right direction. Even in a lowly summer league the mentality that comes with being able to score that much and lead a group of your peers in a TEAM competition is a valuable experience. I'm excited for Renaldo! I think he'll get better and find a way to contribute this coming season.

I hope you're not implying that woolridge is good because he scored some points in a no defense summer leagues
. You must have missed the next night when he was solidly outplayed by an lmu kid.

All right, we get it. You don't like Renaldo's game and feel very strongly about your opinion. Can this be your last rant about him, please?

So do I. But Pearl never offered me a scholarship.

Did you average 23 points and 11 rebounds as a high school senior? Were you a 4 star recruit rated as the 11th best small forward in the entire 2008 class, 53rd best player overall? Did you lead your team to three league championships? If so, I'm sorry that you were passed up for someone with comparable or lesser credentials than yourself.

Did you average 23 points and 11 rebounds as a high school senior? Were you a 4 star recruit rated as the 11th best small forward in the entire 2008 class, 53rd best player overall? Did you lead your team to three league championships? If so, I'm sorry that you were passed up for someone with comparable or lesser credentials than yourself.

But he's done as much as I could in college. The working hard, wants to be a Vol crap only goes so far and it's the excuse people have been giving for him the past two years. If he works so hard, where's all the progress?

High school credentials mean nothing in college.

Such hypocritical fans. When a player has an off game our fans criticize them. As a former athlete, PLAYERS have off games. Not every game is going to be prefect. Woolridge is a good player, a nice guy, and LOVES this university. He's trying to get stronger, bigger, and better. He sets a good example for this University and has a great head on his shoulders. At least he's not robbing people on the strip, or getting pulled over for having a gun without a serial number.

All he ever had to do was be the offspring of an NBA player. Alot of people don't live up to expectations. Happens everyday. He will probably end-up a better rapper than baller.

But he's done as much as I could in college. The working hard, wants to be a Vol crap only goes so far and it's the excuse people have been giving for him the past two years. If he works so hard, where's all the progress?

High school credentials mean nothing in college.

You brought up not getting a scholarship and I explained why you might have missed out while Renaldo received one? Like I said earlier, for someone who played so little down the stretch 39 points, even in a summer league, is a step in the right direction. Here's someone I'm sure you're familiar with: Devaughn Washington. Extremely athletic, good size and strength like Renaldo. Didn't do much as a freshman, contributed some as a sophomore, but left people with a sense of under-achievement. Finally, this year after acquiring some better post moves and getting adjusted to the physicality of collegiate basketball he had a monster second half of the season. Renaldo has the talent and body to be successful. If he keeps working, as it seems he is, I think he'll be much improved next season. College isn't two years long. He has time to prove himself and I think he will...

All right, we get it. You don't like Renaldo's game and feel very strongly about your opinion. Can this be your last rant about him, please?
I like Swiperboy but who cares if he scores 39 his team lost. In the end its all about the W. Plus I have a friend that played in that game he said he took almost every shot.

You brought up not getting a scholarship and I explained why you might have missed out while Renaldo received one? Like I said earlier, for someone who played so little down the stretch 39 points, even in a summer league, is a step in the right direction. Here's someone I'm sure you're familiar with: Devaughn Washington. Extremely athletic, good size and strength like Renaldo. Didn't do much as a freshman, contributed some as a sophomore, but left people with a sense of under-achievement. Finally, this year after acquiring some better post moves and getting adjusted to the physicality of collegiate basketball he had a monster second half of the season. Renaldo has the talent and body to be successful. If he keeps working, as it seems he is, I think he'll be much improved next season. College isn't two years long. He has time to prove himself and I think he will...

Renaldo is no where near the athlete or player Devo is.

It just gets old hearing how he is working but there is no improvement. I don't know what needs to change, either what he is working on or how hard he is working. I don't think any of us really now his work ethic. I hope he is working hard, but it's hard to believe he is, based off of his on-court performance.

Renaldo is no where near the athlete or player Devo is.

The freshman and sophomore version of Devo was no where near the player Devo was last year either. The point is people can improve and they aren't always gonna be world-beaters at the start of their collegiate careers!

The freshman and sophomore version of Devo was no where near the player Devo was last year either. The point is people can improve and they aren't always gonna be world-beaters at the start of their collegiate careers!

Except Woolridge has shown zero improvement in two years. Something needs to change.

If Woolridge would be like Devo, get down low, play physical, and fight, maybe he could be a serviceable big man. He just needs to get away from floating around the arc and avoiding contact.

Last edited:
If Woolridge would be like Devo, get down low, play physical, and fight, maybe he could be a serviceable big man. He just needs to get away from floating around the arc and avoiding contact.

I agree, he's got to get tougher. I think he will be if he wants to get minutes next year. I'm hoping that more than anything he gains more confidence in himself and isn't so nervous and unsure on the floor. If scoring 39 points in a summer league game helps him some with that then I'm happy.

I wasn't ranting about woolridge. I'm just pointing out that relying purely on stats from rtl to try to illustrate how good a player is is a joke.

No joke. Give it up LawVol - Did you think you were posting on a Open Message Board or something? Oh wait...

Message Board Police rock!:rock:

Well, I don't think comments about Wooldridge are personal, just facts about his basketball ability. It may not matter how much he works if he simply doesn't have the ability to contribute to this team. From what I've seen in the RTL, he is showing little to no progress on improvement.

VN Store

Back