Open Letter to Scotty Hopson

PandamoniumReigns

Bob Needs To Retire
Scotty,
As a lifetime Vol Fan I have seen many players blessed with talent that others would give anything for. You, Mr Hopson, have that type of talent. However, there is something you are missing that every educated fan can see: Fire. Desire. Killer Instinct. Dribbling Skills.

Get some. Start with the Dribbling Skills, which will take your game to an entire other level. The other items will begin falling into place once you begin to dominate the way you are capable of. It was incredible watching you drill that jumper in that pansy Chandy Parsons face. We as Vol Fans want that every night.

When you go home, dribble a ball home. When you are watching TV, dribble a ball. When you are running sprints, dribble while sprinting. When you are tossing medicine balls, dribble them too! Dribble every free moment you have.

You have the chance to become a Vol Legend. One of the great players we have seen wear the Orange and White. You also have the chance of being a bust. A monumental bust. No Vol Fan wants to see that. This is your year. You have an incredible supporting cast. You have new blood, freshmen, who are destined to be great. As a junior, show them how to lead. How to dominate. How to live up to the hype. Be their leader.

This is your time to shine Mr Hopson. We see flashes of greatness. Make them consistent. Prove all your doubters wrong. Prove your supporters, myself included, right. We are at a turning point in Tennessee Basketball History. It's your time to lead.

Looking forward to the upcoming season. Go Big Orange.
~PR~

Last edited:
i think the "fire, desire" should come 1st. u can't get dribbling skills and automatically have fire and desire

Why do fans have to do stuff like this? You think he's not trying? You think CBP and staff need your help in motivating these players?

Get a life.

Last edited:
Why do fans have to do stuff like tis? You think he's not trying? You think CBP and staff need your help in motivating these players?

Get a life.

Did I say he's not trying? Learn to read.

And whatever motivation tactics are being deployed for Scotty are obviously not working based on his first two years.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but my post was more to the point of encouragment. Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of a Message Board.

PS: My life is quite fine. But thanks for the advice!

And whatever motivation tactics are being deployed for Scotty are obviously not working based on his first two years.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but my post was more to the point of encouragment. Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of a Message Board.

I'd say telling him that he is missing and Fire and Desire pretty much tells him he isn't trying; or at least isn't trying as much as you tell him he should.

You really think he'd take this as encouragement--particularly from an anonymous poster? I don't see it that way at all but perhaps we all read things differently.

So a poster can criticize or share his opinion on a coach's style of coaching.

But if a poster shares his thoughts or criticism's on a Player's style of play he is automatically a Message Board Coach?

I think I will change my screen name to MessageBoardCoach

I'd say telling him that he is missing and Fire and Desire pretty much tells him he isn't trying; or at least isn't trying as much as you tell him he should.

You really think he'd take this as encouragement--particularly from an anonymous poster? I don't see it that way at all but perhaps we all read things differently.

If someone told me I had the potential to be the greatest player in school history, I'd take that as encouragement.

The vibe I got from the OP was that Scotty has all the tools, he just needs to realize it. It's obvious the kid's trying... why wouldn't he? I just think his nerves on the big stage got the best of him, considering his production decreased dramatically in the postseason.

I'll tell you what's most detrimental to this thread... it's people painting a really negative coat on a letter of good intention.

You implied it. That's all that matters.

I'm saying Scotty has pretty much limitless ability to do what he wants. Its the fact that he wilts under pressure. He needs to find The Killer Instinct. The will to take over a game and destroy the other team. If me saying that makes me a message board coach, then so be it.

I for one would quite like it if an Anyonymous person told me I had limitless talent and that I could become a legend if I work on a few things to improve my game. Maybe I read things differently though.

Killer Instinct can't be taught, no matter how many open letters you write.

If the OP is a message board coach then about every poster on here is a message board coach.

So a poster can criticize or share his opinion on a coach's style of coaching.

But if a poster shares his thoughts or criticism's on a Player's style of play he is automatically a Message Board Coach?

I think I will change my screen name to MessageBoardCoach

I bet you wont

VN Store

Back