Brother tandem coming to Vols?

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
As per ESPN College Basketball Rumors:

Tennessee Volunteers nation -- and all of the SEC, for that matter -- is buzzing about the upcoming arrival of super-freshman power forward Tobias Harris. ESPN's Doug Gottlieb writes: "Harris, who handles, shoots and is terrific at changing ends, gives Pearl and the Vol Nation their own gem to admire, if only for one season."

If Harris were to stick around for his sophomore season, however, he could end up being joined by his little brother, Tyler Harris. Tyler is an impressive prospect in his own right. He's 6-foot-7, just one inch shorter than his brother, but plays with more of a small forward/wing skill set. According to ZagsBlog.com, he's got a lot of schools interested in him right now (Georgia Tech, Maryland, West Virginia, UConn, UCLA and Tennessee, to name a few), and while he hasn't indicated which way he's leaning, Vols fans have to wonder what a Harris brothers duo would look like in Knoxville. Tyler wouldn't arrive with nearly the same hype as his brother did, but the two of them together could form quite the combo. Expect coach Bruce Pearl to push this angle hard in trying to land the younger Harris.

This is old news.. Arthur Brown is not joining Bryce Brown as a Vol next year. Sheesh

j/k

Seriously, this would be good news if we can pull Tyler in here with Tobias. Might give Tobias a reason not to be a 1 and done. Maybe a 2 and done :)

I expect Tobias to stay for 2011-2012 year,it would be great if Scotty did to. If so that team would be one of the best we ever had with Jones,Ware,and hopefully a big man being there as well.

One thing is for sure the future is bright.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hope Pearl pulls it off,, afterall who wouldnt want to play along side your brother coated in all orange!

This is old news.. Arthur Brown is not joining Bryce Brown as a Vol next year. Sheesh
j/k

Seriously, this would be good news if we can pull Tyler in here with Tobias. Might give Tobias a reason not to be a 1 and done. Maybe a 2 and done :)[/QUOTE

Yeah I thought this was another Brown Bro. thread. Dont know but if tyler is as good as his brother is projected to be i say bring him in.

j/k

Seriously, this would be good news if we can pull Tyler in here with Tobias. Might give Tobias a reason not to be a 1 and done. Maybe a 2 and done :)

I'd be overjoyed if that's the reason he isn't one and done. @ this point, I'm praying he doesn't go all Scotty Hopson on us. (No offense to scotty, for real)

This would be fantastic. I wonder if Tyler would play the 3 or maybe 4 for us?

Tobias is going nowhere after his freshman year. Check the CBA discussions within the NBA. More than likely, there will be a lockout for the year after next in the NBA. Can't leave for the pros if the circuit is not playing.

.... and No, he won't go to Europe for a year.

I expect Tobias to stay for 2011-2012 year,it would be great if Scotty did to. If so that team would be one of the best we ever had with Jones,Ware,and hopefully a big man being there as well.

One thing is for sure the future is bright.

If players stay, could def have a final four team in the next couple years!

This wouldn’t be good.
You're too narrow minded. There was no reason for Tim Duncan to play four years at Wake, yet he did. He would have been the #1 pick the year before and a lottery pick the year before that.

Call it the Manning rule (for example), some kids just like being school and prefer the accomplishment of earning a degree as opposed to the immediate riches of pro sports that they know will be there whenever they are ready to go.

You're too narrow minded. There was no reason for Tim Duncan to play four years at Wake, yet he did. He would have been the #1 pick the year before and a lottery pick the year before that.

Call it the Manning rule (for example), some kids just like being school and prefer the accomplishment of earning a degree as opposed to the immediate riches of pro sports that they know will be there whenever they are ready to go.

If Tobias isn’t gone by at least year two it will hurt Tennessee on the recruiting trail. Another 5* kid from Pearl who can’t get to the league in a hurry wouldn’t be a positive no matter how you spin it.

VN Store

Back