Tobias Harris We Need You in the NBA

MikeHamiltonFan

I think the best thing that could happen to Tennessee basketball would be for Tobias Harris to ease into lots of early playing time, put up silly numbers against weak teams OOC early on and then have an All American season followed by a departure to the NBA.

Tobias would have increased his national profile if he had not gotten injured in the All American game (at which time he was the leading scorer). Of course their defense as a group looked awful, but he scored at will. He also looked like he could dribble pretty well (Ron Slay/ Tyler Smithish) and it was very exciting.

I think with one GREAT season, Tobias could become the most important player in TN basketball history. Blasphemy say the Bernard King fans, but what I mean is that Tobias could open the floodgates for Bruce to elevate TN as a program to a place it has never been before.

Basketball players want to play in front of tons of fans. They want to be adored. They want to be on TV. They want lovely coeds. They want to enjoy the system they play in. They want to win lots of games. They want nice facilities to practice and play in. They also want to make millions in the NBA. TN can clearly offer top 5 attendance nationally, a fast tempo style many players prefer etc, but we have a glaring hole...Until TN has a bonafide millionaire in the NBA, Calipari can always just whisper that in the ear of every Michael Chandler, Johnny O'Bryant, Adonis Thomas etc.

Bruce Pearl has been steadily improving his recruiting since he has been here. I think he is one NBA millionaire away from 3-4 of that elite level talent player coming here. I also think with that kind of talent, TN will get to Final Fours. I think Bruce is now married to a TN lady, is happy in his job, likes his AD, will make plenty of money and will make more if he keeps doing what he is doing etc.

Kevin Ware and Chris Crawford are a great start for the 2011 class.

Kevin Ware, Chris Crawford, Quincy Miller and Michael Chandler would be the greatest class in Tennessee basketball history and it would not be close. Those kind of classes will only happen once we get a guy in the NBA with his own sneaker. Tobias Harris may have that kind of potential. If I had to get a Sweet 16 loss next year but T Harris as a 1 and done top 5 NBA pick, or T Harris is good but not great and we make it to the Elite 8 again, I would take the former because of what it will do for our program.

Allan Houston and Bernard King did not make this a program where the brightest stars of HS basketball had in their minds that they could go to UK or UCLA or Kansas or TN if they want to play in the NBA. Georgia Tech despite not doing as much as we have the last 5 years, still has claim to more NBA star success than TN.

Please discuss your thoughts about the NBA player argument.

Thanks

Great post, and I agree. We need to start putting guys in the NBA

Gotta be honest, the length of your posts get me from time to time but this one was very good. Agree and good post MHF.

Good post, but you mentioned Chris Crawford he signed with Memphis, you're probably talking about Chris Jones.

Another novel brought to you by MHF.

That aside, I skimmed the post and you brought some good points.

I still think he should stay for more than one year and probably will.

Next time just give us the cliff notes of your thoughts.

Love how "Bruce is married to a TN lady" is always stated by mmhf when giving reasons why BP will never leave UT.

Comical.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think it would be great. Imagine if the 2 hottest teams for talent were Ky and Tn... It'd be great for the SEC. (well the east anyways).

I certainly don't think that Harris being one and done would be the best thing for our program, but the point about putting players in the NBA is a valid point.

I agree. If Harris plays good enough to be one-and-done, we will have a great season and it will show that Tennessee is a path to the NBA. We need that image for recruiting in the future.

We don't really need anything. But it would be great if Wayne Chism and Scotty Hopson to make it to the NBA first.

Last edited:
I am shocked at how illegible some of the people on Volnation are. It is less than 1 page of reading. I for one enjoy longer posts if they are well written and make sense.

I am shocked at how illegible some of the people on Volnation are. It is less than 1 page of reading. I for one enjoy longer posts if they are well written and make sense.

maybe you should change your font?

I think the best thing that could happen to Tennessee basketball would be for Tobias Harris to ease into lots of early playing time, put up silly numbers against weak teams OOC early on and then have an All American season followed by a departure to the NBA.

Tobias would have increased his national profile if he had not gotten injured in the All American game (at which time he was the leading scorer). Of course their defense as a group looked awful, but he scored at will. He also looked like he could dribble pretty well (Ron Slay/ Tyler Smithish) and it was very exciting.

I think with one GREAT season, Tobias could become the most important player in TN basketball history. Blasphemy say the Bernard King fans, but what I mean is that Tobias could open the floodgates for Bruce to elevate TN as a program to a place it has never been before.

Basketball players want to play in front of tons of fans. They want to be adored. They want to be on TV. They want lovely coeds. They want to enjoy the system they play in. They want to win lots of games. They want nice facilities to practice and play in. They also want to make millions in the NBA. TN can clearly offer top 5 attendance nationally, a fast tempo style many players prefer etc, but we have a glaring hole...Until TN has a bonafide millionaire in the NBA, Calipari can always just whisper that in the ear of every Michael Chandler, Johnny O'Bryant, Adonis Thomas etc.

Bruce Pearl has been steadily improving his recruiting since he has been here. I think he is one NBA millionaire away from 3-4 of that elite level talent player coming here. I also think with that kind of talent, TN will get to Final Fours. I think Bruce is now married to a TN lady, is happy in his job, likes his AD, will make plenty of money and will make more if he keeps doing what he is doing etc.

Kevin Ware and Chris Crawford are a great start for the 2011 class.

Kevin Ware, Chris Crawford, Quincy Miller and Michael Chandler would be the greatest class in Tennessee basketball history and it would not be close. Those kind of classes will only happen once we get a guy in the NBA with his own sneaker. Tobias Harris may have that kind of potential. If I had to get a Sweet 16 loss next year but T Harris as a 1 and done top 5 NBA pick, or T Harris is good but not great and we make it to the Elite 8 again, I would take the former because of what it will do for our program.

Allan Houston and Bernard King did not make this a program where the brightest stars of HS basketball had in their minds that they could go to UK or UCLA or Kansas or TN if they want to play in the NBA. Georgia Tech despite not doing as much as we have the last 5 years, still has claim to more NBA star success than TN.

Please discuss your thoughts about the NBA player argument.

Thanks

what we need is for Tobias to lead us to a NC then we can recruit with anybody.

JJ Hickson didn't do much for Syndey Lowe and Paul Hewitt continues to suck.

Top of the line. Too bad 95% of the people in this forum won't get it.

There will always be the 5 percent who can use drivel repeatedly and feel superior. Oh wait, the self loathing bitter tennessee crowd is closer to 30 percent of posters on this particular board. Here's to you, panjandrums of college basketball.
Absent illegitimate methods of completion, illegible tests will create ineligible players...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back