The Road To The 2010-11 SEC Title Runs Through Lexington.

hatvol96

T. Jones to Kentucky. Things certainly look different than they did two weeks ago. UT will need Tobias Harris to be everything he's advertised to be.

Two weeks ago when I said cal would have a great class, would not drop off talent wise significantly and you said that was wrong and the conference had zero preseason top 10 teams?

Virginia Tech plays Kentucky next year, who wins?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Kentucky had the roster of a bad NBA team last year and look how far it got them.

Hat, I agree with everything in your post, but not the title. Things surely do look different now and we need Harris to be everything advertised and more, but I think its too close to call who is the favorite in the SEC. We need to catch some of these guys in game first.

Did Kentucky just get one more really nice player in Jones? Yes, they did. But we already have Tobias (a player ranked higher than Jones) coming in at the same position. Does it make Kentucky better? Surely. But I'm sure both the Florida and the Tennessee players have something to say before handing over the SEC crown to Kentucky.

PGs - Goins, Knight, Walker
SGs - Hopson, Lamb, Boynton
SFs - Tatum, Miller, Parsons
PFs - Harris, Jones, Tyus
Cs - Williams, Kanter, Macklin

I don't see any of the three schools having a superior talent advantage, and with Cal's, well, poor in game coaching strategies, in MY OPINION, (not a flame to the great UK trolls on this board :peace2:) the SEC is a toss up to me right now.

Cal can't coach talent....he chokes, but I'm not too worried. We have a good recruiting class and enough returning to where we should be right there with them.....they will be relying heavily on freshman and look how that turned out for UNC last year

Hat, I agree with everything in your post, but not the title. Things surely do look different now and we need Harris to be everything advertised and more, but I think its too close to call who is the favorite in the SEC. We need to catch some of these guys in game first.

Did Kentucky just get one more really nice player in Jones? Yes, they did. But we already have Tobias (a player ranked higher than Jones) coming in at the same position. Does it make Kentucky better? Surely. But I'm sure both the Florida and the Tennessee players have something to say before handing over the SEC crown to Kentucky.

PGs - Goins, Knight, Walker
SGs - Hopson, Lamb, Boynton
SFs - Tatum, Miller, Parsons
PFs - Harris, Jones, Tyus
Cs - Williams, Kanter, Macklin

I don't see any of the three schools having a superior talent advantage, and with Cal's, well, poor in game coaching strategies, in MY OPINION, (not a flame to the great UK trolls on this board :peace2:) the SEC is a toss up to me right now.

UK won it last year and if things look about even they are the defending champs so it still runs through Lexington.

Kentucky had the roster of a bad NBA team last year and look how far it got them.

I agree. While this is a great recruiting class as will become the norm with Cal, it is not better than last year's class. They will be good and will win lots of games, but how will they do in the tournament? As Pearl has often said, the SEC championship will always run through Lexington.

Kentucky is not as good as last year. The talent they're bringing in is margainally less than last year. However, they don't have a Patrick Patterson type player to keep the team steady and provide leadership. I just don't think this year will be a year in which they can roll through people as they did last year and no way, in my opinion, do they get 30 wins. Next year will be a different story. That class is going to be as good, maybe better than last year.

Regardless, I think it's awfully fishy that a classically underachieving coach can have such mind blowing success on the recruiting trail so regularly without something amiss. It's not as if they're a bunch of slouches in the college game that Cal is working over.

UK won it last year and if things look about even they are the defending champs so it still runs through Lexington.

This, with a few more points. Its not that Kentucky cemented themselves as an overall favorite, its more that neither of the three teams (regardless of Swampy's contiuous touting of UF preseason top 10 ranking) really stand out as a favorite to run roughshod over the league this season.

UK only lost 2 games in the SEC last year, but quite frankly could have lost 6 if it hadn't been for the ability to throw it down low, and absolutely kill everyone on the offensive glass. That was a crutch we could lean on, starting 3 freshmen. Next season however, we are starting mostly all freshman again without that safety net. I don't think this team goes 14-2, but neither do I see UT or UF doing the same.

Regardless, I think it's awfully fishy that a classically underachieving coach can have such mind blowing success on the recruiting trail so regularly without something amiss. It's not as if they're a bunch of slouches in the college game that Cal is working over.

Relationships, Relationships, Relationships. That's what it's all about. Cal knows the right people. He could have lost 30 games last season and still brought in this recruiting class.

This, with a few more points. Its not that Kentucky cemented themselves as an overall favorite, its more that neither of the three teams (regardless of Swampy's contiuous touting of UF preseason top 10 ranking) really stand out as a favorite to run roughshod over the league this season.

UK only lost 2 games in the SEC last year, but quite frankly could have lost 6 if it hadn't been for the refs bailing them out against Miss St twice, getting questionable-at-best calls against Georgia, Wall picking the ball up and running like Bo Jackson, Cousins basically molesting anyone he guards and Cousins getting every call in the book. That was a crutch we could lean on, starting 3 freshmen. Next season however, we are starting mostly all freshman again without that safety net. I don't think this team goes 14-2, but neither do I see UT or UF doing the same.

FYRP - (Fixed Your Ridiculous Post) That was quite a Crutch Kentucky could lean on.

VN Store

Back