Stokely Athletics Center Demolition

n2motorsports

My office had a meeting at UT this morning w/ some folks from the Athletic Dept. and they are saying that Stokely will be torn down sometime in December. Better go visit her while you can!

Yup lots of history in that building. Bites the big one for sure. Hah where is the volleyball and track team going to practice @ now? What are they replacing it with also? That could ease the pain...

:furious3::frown:

While they have the equipment out, they need to cross the street and take down the ugly ass Architecture Building. Ironic that the worst looking building on campus is the Art and Archtitecture Building. Well, they should tear it down unless they plan on converting it to the prison it appears to be.

While they have the equipment out, they need to cross the street and take down the ugly ass Architecture Building. Ironic that the worst looking building on campus is the Art and Archtitecture Building. Well, they should tear it down unless they plan on converting it to the prison it appears to be.

No way. Humanities is definitely the ugliest. But honestly, most of the buildings on campus are ugly.

i hope you are joking, it is the best looking building on campus by far. followed by ayres hall. concrete is an elegant and beautiful material that most people simply cannot understand. it was very nicely done with the poured in place method of construction. the point of th material was to have it stand out architecturally since it houses the college of architecture plus it makes since economically. the building is clear of its intentions and functionality. sure they could wash it every now and then and get rid of the damn art student graffiti, but it still looks good. the same cant be said for the remainder of campus with its random assortment of conflicting buildings with different types of brick. no uniformity whatsoever.

I really wish they would play one of those early non-conference games at Stokely. That would be a really nice touch and send Stokely out right.

I do think it was nice the way they re-did Glocker Country Club.

I do agree that all the buildings at UTK look like they were designed by a committee. They don't match, but its a heck of a place to go to school!!

I really wish they would play one of those early non-conference games at Stokely. That would be a really nice touch and send Stokely out right.

I'm not sure if the building is up to code to house that many people, but if it is and someone brought it to Pearl's attention, he would darn sure make it happen!

They had to stop playing games last year and have to stop all practice activities after this year. The volleyball team moved to TBA. They have plans to build a new indoor track and volleyball facility/facilities near the soccer and softball complex.

They are moving the athletic offices to places in the football complex.

The AD is giving the real estate now occupied by Stokely back to the school (if you can even call it that) so that the school can use it for what I was told will be a new academic building.

I spent most of my college years at Stokely in the AF ROTC program. It is a great building.

Last edited:
Asbestos makes repair economically unfeasible as I understand it. I really loved playing basketball in that building and playing around with high jump etc. One of the nicest things about gibbs was its own mostly empty gym attached.

I wonder what classes they will put in there. Hopefully not Linda B Myers Male Hatred Womyns class 301.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i hope you are joking, it is the best looking building on campus by far. followed by ayres hall. concrete is an elegant and beautiful material that most people simply cannot understand. it was very nicely done with the poured in place method of construction. the point of th material was to have it stand out architecturally since it houses the college of architecture plus it makes since economically. the building is clear of its intentions and functionality. sure they could wash it every now and then and get rid of the damn art student graffiti, but it still looks good. the same cant be said for the remainder of campus with its random assortment of conflicting buildings with different types of brick. no uniformity whatsoever.

Just a few I seen. I didnt, no, I couldt read it word for word. Just to unbearable. Please stop now, or try spell check or grammer check. Jesus hates dumb. I'm sure there is more.

Last edited:
didn't, couldn't, grammar. :)

I'm drunk and have a low tolerance for stupid. It struck me as retarded at the time. Sue me. I'll give you grammar on my part. The rest is garbage. If you can tolerate that crap then I will lump you in the same catagory.

Pardon my apostrophes. Speach was never my strong suit. But you just cant ignore dumb.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back