Emmanuel Negedu Situation Explained

Best of luck to EN. The kid wants to play ball again, and if that's what he wants it's what all of us want. I also understand the University not taking the risk on it, would be tough on the conscious to have a kid potentially die on our watch.

Go get 'em EN, go get 'em!

I'll be keeping up with New Mexico this season. May even purchase the espn fullcourt so I can catch all their games.

Negedu is eligible this season isn't he?

I'll be keeping up with New Mexico this season. May even purchase the espn fullcourt so I can catch all their games.

Negedu is eligible this season isn't he?

i read an article somehwere that he is going to try and appeal for his eligibility this yr. its a wait and see from what i know. hopefully that was a decent answer for you!

The NCAA has to let him play. UT essentially pulled his scholly. I realize he could have stayed on a scholly to get his degree, but they pulled his basketball scholly. When a school does that, it only stands to reason that the player shouldn't have to sit out a year - especially when he just sat out last season.

The NCAA has to let him play. UT essentially pulled his scholly. I realize he could have stayed on a scholly to get his degree, but they pulled his basketball scholly. When a school does that, it only stands to reason that the player shouldn't have to sit out a year - especially when he just sat out last season.
Assuming the 'AA will act rationally is never a safe play.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would have liked him to stay at UT and get his degree but hey if the guy wants to play so be it. I'm glad UT didn't take the risk of allowing him to play but I will be rooting for him. I wish him the best of luck.

I am very happy for the EMAN. Could not wish anyone better luck than him. Here's hoping he has a great career at NM. I wish he could have stayed here, but can appreciate UT's position, too. Phenominal athelete.

Jason Shay said UT is going to help him write his waiver/request to 'AA to play next year.

I thought Pearle stated that E had a non-contact defibrillator which would mean he would have to go through another proceedure to install a new defibrillator for him to play. Anyway, best of luck.

Last edited:
Again? I must have missed their earlier bout with competence.

Good point. You like the new President at all? I don't like him because he seems soft. He goes from saying "we need a playoff" at Washington to saying "That's not my job to change it."

Good point. You like the new President at all? I don't like him because he seems soft. He goes from saying "we need a playoff" at Washington to saying "That's not my job to change it."
I'm not a fan. He's just another spineless adminsitrator with no vision for college athletics.

Last edited:
Negedu should sue the university for medical discrimination.

As soon as UT's lawyers bring up "Heart problem...He wanted to play sports," he would lose in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

VN Store

Back