Official: Emmanuel Negedu to New Mexico

Everyone involved is an adult and knows the risks. Can't fault anyone here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You would have found a way to blame Bruce if something had happened if they had cleared him.:p
Not at all. I'm all for people taking risks as long as they are fully informed. I also don't blame UT for not clearing him.

good for him finding a place where he can take another shot at basketball, he knows the risk involved. best of luck to him

Good luck to E Man. He will always be a Vol to me.....but I hope he is happy and successful at New Mexico. Most of all good health to E!

I respect Negadu's decision. He'd rather die playing the game he loves than sit on the bench and wish he was out there for the rest of his life. It is a tough decision, but it is his life and I'm sure he understands what's on the line when he steps on the court.

Good luck Negadu, all the best.

Last edited:
I respect Negadu's decision. He'd rather die playing the game he loves than sit on the bench and wish he was out there for the rest of his life. It is a tough decision, but it is his life and I'm sure he understand what's on the line when he steps on the court.

Well said.

I wish E-Man all the very best in life and in my eyes he will always be a Volunteer...I hope he stays healthy and has a fantastic career at New Mexico....Guess I'll be a Lobo fan while he is there lol

can E man play this fall?? not sure how Injury redshirts work?

My guess is he can. I don't know for sure how injury redshirts work either, but the fact that UT isn't letting him play should be enough for him to be able to play right away somewhere else.

I respect Negadu's decision. He'd rather die playing the game he loves than sit on the bench and wish he was out there for the rest of his life. It is a tough decision, but it is his life and I'm sure he understands what's on the line when he steps on the court.

I concur

I'd be interested to see how many of the schools he had contact with would have cleared him.

He picked a good place to go. Great home court advantage and wild fans. Hope he has a great time and becomes a fan favorite ... stays healthy and graduates. I'll be watching the Lobos.

best of luck eman bruce was smart he just was too afraid of another hank gaithers ,and if you all remember that they lost gaithers on court and they have sucked ever since

Whats up guys. Everyone on this board seems like a class act. Ive followed Eman since Steve and Noodles were recruiting him at Iowa. Ive spoken with him and few times and hes a class act like many of you already know.

If any of you care to tell us a little bit more on his phyical play, rebound dunks, skill sets ect, please do.
I run a site called TheLobolair.com We enjoy posters from other sites without the trolling.
All I know is this is a great deal all the way around. From everyone ive spoken with the guys 100% healthy. Good deal

Nope, that was me. I actually never "trolled". I did, however, defend my school and our coaches. I assume you would do the same?
Not trying to get off topic here.
My intentions are to talk about Eman.

VN Store

Back