Starting 5 ?????

slimjim85vols

ALL VOL!
If you could take any 5 Vols players from the past 15 years to make a Mens basketball team who would you take?

My 5

PG- C.J. Watson
SG- Chris Lofton
SF- Isiah Victor
PF- Ron Slay
C- Weezie

PG- Melvin Goins
SG- Scotty Hopson
SF- Jeronne(sp) Maymon
PF- Tobias Harris
C- Brian Williams

The others had their time and were all great Vols, but this group is gonna take the Vols past the Sweet Sixteen. Should be fun watching Bruce and this bunch knock around the Squid and Kensucky's bunch of one and doners,LMAO!!!! Go Vols!!

PG- Melvin Goins
SG- Scotty Hopson
SF- Jeronne(sp) Maymon
PF- Tobias Harris
C- Brian Williams

The others had their time and were all great Vols, but this group is gonna take the Vols past the Sweet Sixteen.
Should be fun watching Bruce and this bunch knock around the Squid and Kensucky's bunch of one and doners,LMAO!!!! Go Vols!!

Been there, done that.

If you could take any 5 Vols players from the past 15 years to make a Mens basketball team who would you take?

My 5

PG- C.J. Watson
SG- Chris Lofton
SF- Isiah Victor
PF- Ron Slay
C- Weezie

I like this, but I might be inclined to take JuJuan at the 3. What he brought to the table both regarding outside shooting and defensive prowess his senior year was incredible.

PG- Melvin Goins
SG- Scotty Hopson
SF- Jeronne(sp) Maymon
PF- Tobias Harris
C- Brian Williams

The others had their time and were all great Vols, but this group is gonna take the Vols past the Sweet Sixteen. Should be fun watching Bruce and this bunch knock around the Squid and Kensucky's bunch of one and doners,LMAO!!!! Go Vols!!

did you miss this season? BTW Maymon won't start at any point next season

Bobby Maze-the guy was a flat out leader. he put on
Chris Lofton-Best shooter in sec history behind pistol pete
victor
Wayne Chism-reinventor of the headband
Ron Slay-inventor of the headband lol

Ramar Smith (or C.J. Watson if he played like he did his Senior year)
Chris Lofton
JaJuan Smith
C.J. Black or Ron Slay
Big Wayne

(Imagine Slay and Wayne out on the court at the same time...talk about a couple of hams)

Starters

PG-CJ Watson
SG-Chris Lofton
SF-Vincent Yarbrough
PF-Marcus Haislip
C-Ron Slay

Reserves

PG-Bobby Maze
SG-Jujuan Smith
SF-Tyler Smith
PF-CJ Black
C-Wayne Chism

There are only two cold-stone absolute locks for that team -- many have one, Lofton, on there, but no one has the other.

Anyone who doesn't have Steve Hamer at Center is nuts. Dude averaged 18.2 ppg and 9.4 rbg as a Senior in 1995-96, just under 15 years ago. And he was the only player on that team.

CJ Watson
C. Lofton
I. Victor
R. Slay
W. Chism

2nd Team
Tony Harris
J. Smith
JP Prince
CJ Black
Hathaway

Victor was much more consistent. Yarbrough was up and down and never lived up to his billing. I would much rather have Victor and an inconsistent player.

Victor was much more consistent. Yarbrough was up and down and never lived up to his billing. I would much rather have Victor and an inconsistent player.

That doesn't mean he still wasn't a very good player at UT. To be honest, if you want to make a real good "team" I would put Bradshaw at the 3, as a leader/facilitator.

Bradshaw would be a major mistake on this type team. While I like him, he doesn't belong with this group. Either player we talked about would play circles around Bradshaw.

VN Store

Back