Transfer for 2010 class?

I understand why it's happening but it's gonna suck when it does. I understand how people think it's not worth the risk, but on the flip side it is EMan's life, it's his decision whether he plays or not he knows and understands all risks and possibilities involved with this situation and his health. He wants to realize his dream almost no matter the cost, is UT trying to protect him from himself? What would it do for the UT program if the worst case scenario did happen? Would the country understand that all parties knew risks involved and sympathize or would UT get ripped apart by the media and the public? How do you think the country media, etc.. will respond when he transfers and plays again at another school?

I understand why it's happening but it's gonna suck when it does. I understand how people think it's not worth the risk, but on the flip side it is EMan's life, it's his decision whether he plays or not he knows and understands all risks and possibilities involved with this situation and his health. He wants to realize his dream almost no matter the cost, is UT trying to protect him from himself? What would it do for the UT program if the worst case scenario did happen? Would the country understand that all parties knew risks involved and sympathize or would UT get ripped apart by the media and the public? How do you think the country media, etc.. will respond when he transfers and plays again at another school?

the entire world spends way to much time thinking of ways to protect us from ourselves.

Put yourself in CBP's shoes. Lets go worse-case scenario, which is why they're not letting him play. EMan dies on the floor... Who is CBP gonna blame?? Why, he would blame himself of course. That guilt would be huge for the rest of his life.

If E-Man wants to play, he'll be released to another school. I'd dare say the NCAA wouldn't make him sit out a year.

All of that depends on what happens. If he has success people will question CBP... If he doesn't, people will laud UT.

I don't see how anyone gets criticized on the Negedu situation. If UT won't clear him, they can't play him. If he thinks he can play, he can't stay here. If IU, who has one of the foremost cardiopulmonary physicians in the world as their team doctor, clears him they should take him. What happens after that shouldn't be questioned because competent people made informed decisions.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't see how anyone gets criticized on the Negedu situation. If UT won't clear him, they can't play him. If he thinks he can play, he can't stay here. If IU, who has one of the foremost cardiopulmonary physicians in the world as their team doctor, clears him they should take him. What happens after that shouldn't be questioned because competent people made informed decisions.

Well said, I completely agree.

That's the bottom line. There is only manufactured controversy from ignorant parties on this one.

I was thinking Morgan as well. Why is he transferring, though? It'd be nice to pick him up if he lives up to his HS ranking.

Pearl indicted in his press conference that we may add a transfer to this year's class. I would assume that any addition would be a post player. Has anyone heard any rumors of a transfer that is interested in the Vols?

Why do people want us to recruit guys who were nonfactors in the worst season the PAC 10 has had in 25 years?

Why do people want us to recruit guys who were nonfactors in the worst season the PAC 10 has had in 25 years?

I didn't say I wanted us to recruit Turner Jr. I said I could see him coming here.. Considering how we were seriously considered before he picked Washington, I could see him renewing that interest. That, coupled with the fact that his father grew up here, could get him interested in us. But who knows if we'd take him even if he wanted to come here.

I could not agree more. UT has made the decision it had to make. And if Negedu gets to play elsewhere they school will make an informed decision. No blame to go to anyone here. I wish Negedu nothing but the best, happiness and health. And if he gets to play anywhere else I hope he is a success.

Tennessee wasn't even remotely close to landing Turner the first time around. We weren't even on his list. The only connection between the two is that his dad is originally from Knoxville. And given that the Vols hardly gave his dad a sniff in those days, I doubt he is pushing his son to transfer here.

Tennessee wasn't even remotely close to landing Turner the first time around. We weren't even on his list. The only connection between the two is that his dad is originally from Knoxville. And given that the Vols hardly gave his dad a sniff in those days, I doubt he is pushing his son to transfer here.

We were on his list. And I didn't say he would come here or even consider us. Personally, I don't really want him. But when looking on that transfer list combined with the fact Bruce recently said we may bring in a transfer, it prompted me to bring up Elston because he looked like a possibility.

I think he will go to a Texas school.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1081&t=5852404
Scroll down to almost the bottom of first page.

Last edited:
Pac-10 basketball: Former Grant High star Mike Moser will leave UCLA | OregonLive.com

Moser was not motivated while on a suck team that couldnt score with a coach who only cared about defense...

Honeycutt may have had more minutes than Moser next year, but this top 100 recruit would look real nice in our frontcourt with Maymon and Tobias Harris and Kenny Hall in 2 years.

He would also have fun! He might learn to shoot the 3 well enough to actually do it well (Wayne Chism) instead of going for 10% like he did his freshman year at UCLA.

Guys news flash again to those who do not know, playing for a Howland, an O'Neill, a Bo Ryan is not nearly as fun for the athlete as playing for Bruce Pearl.

""It doesn't matter what area of the country it's in," said the elder Turner.

"We'll look obviously here in this region, because this is where his support system is. I'm a Southeastern Conference guy myself, going to Ole Miss. I'll look at some schools up there in the SEC as well as some others that showed interest in him when he was coming out of school.""

This is the only thing that indicates a "potential" transfer to Tennessee the way I see it. And it's not real specific. We are never mentioned by father or son by name. Only "some others that showed interest in him when he was coming out of school," which I still contend we were not one of his serious contenders (Scout says we offered, Rivals doesn't). Even if we did offer. he was looking at the Pac-10 all the way being from California. We may have offered, but I don't think we were ever seriously considered.

Still, he is a good outside shooter. I would prefer to take a big man if we were considering a transfer, but we could do worse I guess. Taking him will leave us a tad guard-heavy in 2011 with the addition of Chris Jones and Kevin Ware along with Trae Golden this year (JR. Skylar McBee , SR. Scotty Hopson, SR. Cameron Tatum).

Last edited:
Pac-10 basketball: Former Grant High star Mike Moser will leave UCLA | OregonLive.com

Moser was not motivated while on a suck team that couldnt score with a coach who only cared about defense...

Honeycutt may have had more minutes than Moser next year, but this top 100 recruit would look real nice in our frontcourt with Maymon and Tobias Harris and Kenny Hall in 2 years.

He would also have fun! He might learn to shoot the 3 well enough to actually do it well (Wayne Chism) instead of going for 10% like he did his freshman year at UCLA.

Guys news flash again to those who do not know, playing for a Howland, an O'Neill, a Bo Ryan is not nearly as fun for the athlete as playing for Bruce Pearl.

I bet they weren't complaining when they got to those three straight Final Fours.

I bet they weren't complaining when they got to those three straight Final Fours.
I bet Love and Collison are having more fun in the NBA than Lofton and Tyler Smith are having playing in irrelevant leagues in foreign countries.

VN Store

Back