Memphis having trouble with Thomas...

I am a Vols fan that lives in west Tenn. And yes I'm a tiger BB fan. I try to keep up with the vols and tigers recruiting. Don't read to much into that. Adonis has been a tiger fan since he was a small boy, there's a long way to go. I will be shocked if he doesn't sign with Memphis. No inside info but I really think he's all tiger.

You'd be surprised....though I wouldn't mind if he ends up at Memphis, as long as it's not Kensucky

It all started when Keith Easterwood and Gary Parrish said they had heard Memphis was not in Adonis's top 3.

Consider the source of this talk (Melrose coach Jermaine Johnson).

The AT talk has consumed much of the sports talk in Memphis over the last 2 days. Yesterday Gary Parrish had Adonis's Dad on to talk about it and today he will have Coach Johnson on to talk about it. Pastner has reportedly used up his 7 visits and has been to MANY Melrose games. Johnson saying that he has not seen Pastner at the school is crazy talk from, what seems like, a man with an agenda.

You can listen to Gary interview Coach Johnson at 6:20pm Eastern today.
Homepage - ESPN 92.9FM - ESPN 92.9FM

It all started when Keith Easterwood and Gary Parrish said they had heard Memphis was not in Adonis's top 3.

Consider the source of this talk (Melrose coach Jermaine Johnson).

The AT talk has consumed much of the sports talk in Memphis over the last 2 days. Yesterday Gary Parrish had Adonis's Dad on to talk about it and today he will have Coach Johnson on to talk about it. Pastner has reportedly used up his 7 visits and has been to MANY Melrose games. Johnson saying that he has not seen Pastner at the school is crazy talk from, what seems like, a man with an agenda.

You can listen to Gary interview Coach Johnson at 6:20pm Eastern today.
Homepage - ESPN 92.9FM - ESPN 92.9FM

Spot on. Johnson is about as shady as they come and has his own agenda for sure. I mean, the guy has already been kicked out of the AAU circuit, so that says something. Personally, I am glad that Chris Jones is getting the hell away from him.

Memphis will be in the mix for AT in the end, but I think that Thomas goes to UNC or UF.

Spot on. Johnson is about as shady as they come and has his own agenda for sure. I mean, the guy has already been kicked out of the AAU circuit, so that says something. Personally, I am glad that Chris Jones is getting the hell away from him.

Memphis will be in the mix for AT in the end, but I think that Thomas goes to UNC or UF.

I feel bad for Adonis because there hasn't been this much pressure on a Memphis kid to commit to Memphis in a while. Joe Jackson might have but he was pretty much known to be a Memphis Tiger. Adonis seems to be a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Apparently Johnson is disputing the Commercial Appeal article. He says that he talks to Pastner every week. So, somebody's lying.

Apparently Johnson is disputing the Commercial Appeal article. He says that he talks to Pastner every week. So, somebody's lying.
Tough to figure out who since both Easterwood and Johnson are involved. I think I'll just do what I always do when either one of them speaks and assume they are both lying.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There were a few discrepancies with what the CA quoted him and what he said on the Gary Parrish radio show today.

Commercial Appeal said:
"I know for a fact they haven't used up their seven. I know that for a fact," Johnson said. "I did tell (Thomas), 'Three minutes away (from Melrose) and we haven't seen (Tigers coach Josh Pastner)?'

On Gary's show he says he only has Josh down for 3 or 4 visits (he documents every coach to visit the school), yet he tells Jason Smith (CA prep writer) that they haven't seen him?

Obviously he doesn't know some things "for a fact."

Last edited:
Tough to figure out who since both Easterwood and Johnson are involved. I think I'll just do what I always do when either one of them speaks and assume they are both lying.

I would guess that's the safe bet as well. I still think this kid ends up at Memphis.

Memphis is currently experiencing a very nice run of elite players that looks to continue through 2013, which means the Tigers shoudl be very strong. If we can tap into that market, it would be nice, but that city is the most hostile center for UT in the country for recruiting.

Couldn't agree more.

Memphis is currently experiencing a very nice run of elite players that looks to continue through 2013, which means the Tigers shoudl be very strong. If we can tap into that market, it would be nice, but that city is the most hostile center for UT in the country for recruiting.

Sounds to me as if this kid is Memphis through and through. It would be shocking if we could pull him away from the Blue.

Johnson was too busy doctoring birth certificates to get his information straight.

Easterwood is a worthless snake.

Snakes everywhere are offended by that comparison.

My favorite is hearing him go on local sports talk radio shows around town and make it sound like he is the one AAU coach in the country who is squeaky clean and in it for the kids. Then he goes on to always mentioned that he has never made a dime off AAU basketball.

So from this thread, I gather that Easterwood and Johnson are worthless lying snakes and AAU basketball is corrupt.

Last edited:
My favorite is hearing him go on local sports talk radio shows around town and make it sound like he is the one AAU coach in the country who is squeaky clean and in it for the kids. Then he goes on to always mentioned that he has never made a dime off AAU basketball.

That is so hilarious because it is so true. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back