Starting lineup next year

utbasketballloft

So now that the it seems as the recruiting class is set, unless there is some sort of surprise what does everyone think next years team will look like...

PG: Melvin Goins/Trae Golden
SG: Scotty Hopson/Josh Bone
SF: Cameron Tatum/Jordan Mcrae
PF: Tobias Harris/Jeronne Maymom
C: Brian Williams/Kenny Hall

I think we will probably see Woolridge for the start of the season backing up Tobias Harris, but once Maymon is eligible i believe he will take that spot. I for one have more faith in him than most people, im not really sure as to why just an opinion. I dont think we will see but maybe 5 minutes a game from Bone i think we will probaly see more of a hopson,tatum, mcrae, and a little golden playing the 2 and 3 and using a 9 man rotation instead of a 10.

If Mcrae can get his body ready for the college level to play behind Tatum....Woolridge going to have to step his game up and play the 3 behind Tatum...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This will be the rotation Game 1 IMO:
Goins, Bone, Golden
Hopson, McBee
Tatum, McRae/Woolridge
Harris, Pearl/Woolridge
Williams, Hall

Golden is not ready to contribute at this level from what I’ve seen of him this year. I do think he’ll begin to get Bone’s minutes by SEC play, but he has a lot to work on defensively. Woolridge could move to the 3, but it is doubtful with his limited outside game, ballhandling, and decision making skills (all of which are needed to play the position). I also feel Maymon is being overvalued on this board, as he is a poor man’s Emmanuel Negedu IMO, but he is obviously not eligible until December.

This will be the rotation Game 1 IMO:
Goins, Bone, Golden
Hopson, McBee
Tatum, McRae/Woolridge
Harris, Pearl/Woolridge
Williams, Hall

Golden is not ready to contribute at this level from what I’ve seen of him this year. I do think he’ll begin to get Bone’s minutes by SEC play, but he has a lot to work on defensively. Woolridge could move to the 3, but it is doubtful with his limited outside game, ballhandling, and decision making skills (all of which are needed to play the position). I also feel Maymon is being overvalued on this board, as he is a poor man’s Emmanuel Negedu IMO, but he is obviously not eligible until December.

And you root for USC, Nothing else needs to be said.

He will probably make everyone work for a spot next year, even though he goes 10 deep. I can see him make Scotty re-earn his spot and give the freshman serious roles. Its easy to guess that goins will start because he is a SR, and I can see BP doing that. Tatum and Hopson will round out the 2, 3. (they will both play the 2 and the 3, which one they will start at is just a pure guess, in Pearls offense its almost the same position). Then its easy to guess Tobias harris and B-will to start. Kenny Hall will get alot of PT giving Brian alot of breathers.

Also-

Dont be shocked if Bruce uses Tobias at the 3 and use Brian and Kenny Hall to round out the frontcourt. As you saw at the end of the season, he used True Bigs toether giving us help on the boards. Tobias can easily play the three, half the reason why he wanted to come to Tennessee was because he liked the way they used Tyler smith and he wanted to be in that role.

I really don't care who starts where....I'm just excited about the players we have coming in and what CBP can do with the talent.

He will probably make everyone work for a spot next year, even though he goes 10 deep. I can see him make Scotty re-earn his spot and give the freshman serious roles. Its easy to guess that goins will start because he is a SR, and I can see BP doing that. Tatum and Hopson will round out the 2, 3. (they will both play the 2 and the 3, which one they will start at is just a pure guess, in Pearls offense its almost the same position). Then its easy to guess Tobias harris and B-will to start. Kenny Hall will get alot of PT giving Brian alot of breathers.

Also-

Dont be shocked if Bruce uses Tobias at the 3 and use Brian and Kenny Hall to round out the frontcourt. As you saw at the end of the season, he used True Bigs toether giving us help on the boards. Tobias can easily play the three, half the reason why he wanted to come to Tennessee was because he liked the way they used Tyler smith and he wanted to be in that role.

Only problem is there is a huge difference in the game of Chism and Hall. Hall is nowhere near (at this point) capable of doing the things that Chism did when he was at the 4-spot. I just dont see Williams and Hall being able to play together very much. Maybe in some very limited minutes.

10-man rotation:

Goins
Hopson
Tatum
Harris
Williams
Hall
Golden
Mcrae
Woolridge/or Pearl (depends on Woolridge development over summer)
Skylar/Bone (depends on whether Golden plays more of the 1 or 2)

I have not seen enough of Maymon so KNOW how good he is. But lets just say hopefully he is good enough to take minutes from Woolridge/Pearl once he is eligible after Christmas.

Also-

Can you imagine how tall this lineup would be?

Goins- around 5-11
hopson- 6-7
Harris- 6-8
Hall- 6-9
Williams- 6-11
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tyler Smith played the four for us. So that's an invalid argument.

As for Hall and Williams at the same time - first of all, as already stated, Hall just doesn't have the skillset of a PF in our offense yet, if ever. Also, what happens when they both get in foul trouble really fast? Who is the backup center?

I dont care who starts as long as they have heart like Chism did, he played his butt off and that demmands some serious respect.

I think Woolridge is being underestimated and will contribute a lot off the bench this year.

Goins - Golden - Bone
Tatum - McRae - McBee
Hopson - Woolridge
Harris - Maymon - Pearl
Williams - Hall

Wooldridge is a very athletic kid who needs to get stronger and develop some ability to play in the post. We don't need him as a wing player as we have many other players who are better at the wing. I would love to see him work hard and become an effective post player. We need help in the post next year.

I think Wooldridge is the key next year If he plays like he can we will be good but if he doesn't improve we will be average

If Woolridge is the key, then we're in trouble.

It's either Woolridge or Maymon. You'll think we'll be able to make serious noise with Stevie getting ten minutes again? No. Either Woolridge or Maymon really need to step up, because that would really help us in the post.

It's either Woolridge or Maymon. You'll think we'll be able to make serious noise with Stevie getting ten minutes again? No. Either Woolridge or Maymon really need to step up, because that would really help us in the post.

They do need to step up, but to say that Woolridge or Maymon is the key to the whole season is stretching it a bit, imo. To me, the key is how good Tobias Harris is and how much he can contribute combined with how much Scotty Hopson progresses.

VN Store

Back