Aaron Green for the Oak Ridge job?(confirmed)

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
thats been the talk in the last 24 hours here in Oak Ridge,can anyone confirm this or have any info on it?

Aaron Green has a bright future as he is a young, up and coming coach. He was just as involved with the staff this year dispite his job title beigh "video coordinator". I cannot see this happening whatsoever
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He left a very successful high school program at Cleveland to join the Vol staff. It doesn't make sense that he would return to the local high school ranks.

I agree. I don't think going back into the high school ranks is going to help him reach his ultimate goal of being a college coach.
Aaron's inching into his mid '30s and is still working at the video coordinator level. He needs to make some kind of move. An assistant's job at another school makes more sense, but that may not be an option. Oak Ridge is a good enough high school job to give you some upward mobility.

Aaron's inching into his mid '30s and is still working at the video coordinator level. He needs to make some kind of move. An assistant's job at another school makes more sense, but that may not be an option. Oak Ridge is a good enough high school job to give you some upward mobility.

Surely he could get on as an assistant at a lower level D-1 school or a D-II school. I would imagine that at a low D-1 or D-II school, the fact that he's worked in a BCS Conference at a school that has enjoyed success for multiple years coupled with a strong endorsement from Bruce Pearl would get him in the door immediately. That would definitely be a better option than going back to high school, imo.

Surely he could get on as an assistant at a lower level D-1 school or a D-II school. I would imagine that at a low D-1 or D-II school, the fact that he's worked in a BCS Conference at a school that has enjoyed success for multiple years coupled with a strong endorsement from Bruce Pearl would get him in the door immediately.
Then why is he still at UT as a glorified grad assistant? There are guys his age getting D-I head coaching jobs.

Then why is he still at UT as a glorified grad assistant? There are guys his age getting D-I head coaching jobs.

Aaron and his wife are both locals with deep roots and a few kids. I imagine he is hoping if one of Bruce's assistants leave that he is promoted.

I would think someone with his knowledge and experience could have already coached at lower levels in college. (A Mars Hill or Milligan size school come to mind).

This is all speculation from the little I know of him but I get the feeling he doesn't want to bounce across the country doing the assistant coach thing.

Aaron and his wife are both locals with deep roots and a few kids. I imagine he is hoping if one of Bruce's assistants leave that he is promoted.

I would think someone with his knowledge and experience could have already coached at lower levels in college. (A Mars Hill or Milligan size school come to mind).

This is all speculation from the little I know of him but I get the feeling he doesn't want to bounce across the country doing the assistant coach thing.
I'll say this as nicely as I can. If he's waiting on one of our assistants to get a head coaching job, he might well wake up one day and realize he's a 45 year old video coordinator.

He has already accepted the job....he interviewed for another job in Georgia and confirmed to them that he was taking the job at Oak Ridge...done deal

I was presuming that getting an assistant job somewhere was a possibility. And if there was a possibility of taking the Oak Ridge job versus taking an assistant job somewhere, then I would take the assistant job 10 times out of 10 if my hope was to one day be a college head coach. If it's not a possibility, then maybe the Oak Ridge job makes some sense. But I would have had to exhaust all my efforts to get a real assistant job somewhere before I took a high school job. Maybe that's the case with Green.

Last edited:
He has already accepted the job....he interviewed for another job in Georgia and confirmed to them that he was taking the job at Oak Ridge...done deal

If true, good for him. I always liked him and certainly the pay is better!

I was presuming that getting an assistant job somewhere was a possibility. If it's not, then maybe the Oak Ridge job maybe makes some sense. But I would have had to exhaust all my efforts to get a real assistant job somewhere before I took a high school job. Maybe that's the case with Green.

I think it is all about where your priorities are. He could very well go to Oak Ridge, make some decent money, see his family every day, and be happy.

But certainly you also don't want to wake up when your 50 and wonder why your aren't a college head coach somewhere.

The sacrifices are considerable both ways.

I'd be willing to wager that most sane people would consider the Oak Ridge job on a slightly different level than the Clinton job.
Being the janitor at Oak Ridge High is a better job than being the Principal at Clinton High.

I know enough of the people that play there to know, it's not that great. I know that video coordinator isn't where he wants to be, but OR would be the last place I would go.

Anderson County is where it's at.:good!:

Anderson County's good because they have a recruiting pipeline in Campbell County and have had for years. Chances are if there is a good Campbell County athlete, he ends up playing for Anderson County. I'm not a big fan.

VN Store

Back