Pearl Visiting 5 Star PF Johnny O'Bryant Tomorrow

LawVol13

at East Side High School in Cleveland, Mississippi according to TOS. If Pearl could get this kid, next year's class could be amazing.

I think we could sell immediate playing time to this kid where Memphis might not be able to considering their class this year. And I would think that if it came down to us and Ole Miss that we stand a good chance of winning that battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like our chances and someone said Kevin Ware was recruiting him hard to come to UT with him.

O'Bryant
Ware
Jones
Adonis Thomas

This would be my dream class. Probably won't get Thomas, though.

I think we could sell immediate playing time to this kid where Memphis might not be able to considering their class this year. And I would think that if it came down to us and Ole Miss that we stand a good chance of winning that battle.

Maybe if Ole Miss weren't the local school, I would feel better. I think that Kennedy is a solid recruiter and it will be tough to pull the kid, although I can't imagine anyone not impressed with the basketball environment in Knoxville over Oxford. Also, the thing with Memphis is that their huge haul this year is a bunch of guards and they could sell the need for a PF to go with a bunch of talented guards.

We'll see. The one thing I do like, though, is the fact that we, basically, have our guard class for 2011 wrapped up (and not in real danger of a Craft/Selby backout) and can focus on getting 2-3 kids instead of 4-5. I really like our position for the next two classes.

Florida's a player for him too but getting Rakeem Christmas to pair with Patric Young will probably kill our chances.

I don't know if yall have ever been to a bball game in Ole Miss but their arena is horrible! Now that Auburn's is getting blown up it might be the worst in the conference.

HAHAHAHA Big Papa....This kid would be a great get and if Ole Miss is really his leader, I'm not worried

Pearl needs to make Quincy Miller a top priority. Kids who are 6'10 and can handle and shoot it are extremely rare.
And I dont want to hear the "he's going to such and such school" excuse. People associated with UT need to start acting like this is one of the top schools in the nation, because it is. Why have high expectations then think that some kids are to good to be here???

Pearl needs to make Quincy Miller a top priority. Kids who are 6'10 and can handle and shoot it are extremely rare.
And I dont want to hear the "he's going to such and such school" excuse. People associated with UT need to start acting like this is one of the top schools in the nation, because it is. Why have high expectations then think that some kids are to good to be here???

Good post.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

6'10", can shoot and handle the rock...not extremely rare, very valuable but not rare.

Thats all well and good but why would Pearl waste his time when he knows there is little to no chance to land this kid. He has been all Duke all the way until the infamous World Wide Wes got involved and he is gonna steer him towards Kentucky. His family is pro Duke and Brian Clifton and WWW are of course very pro Kentucky given that they obviously get kickbacks from Cal. Pearl is better served going for people that will consider Tennessee not someone who is involved with people like Wes.

Last edited:
Yeah he should make him a priority. I think it is fairly obvious that you make any top 5 player that shows the slightest bit of interest a "top priority."

The problem is, everyone is making him a priority. So, you may not like the excuse that we have no chance, but let's not hear you complaining when he goes elsewhere and people like you start asking, "why did we waste our time and money on a player who was never coming here."

I hope Bruce can land this kid,if he can this Basketball program is gonna be something special in a couple of years.

Thats all well and good but why would Pearl waste his time when he knows there is little to no chance to land this kid. He has been all Duke all the way until the infamous World Wide Wes got involved and he is gonna steer him towards Kentucky. His family is pro Duke and Brian Clifton and WWW are of course very pro Kentucky given that they obviously get kickbacks from Cal. Pearl is better served going for people that will consider Tennessee not someone who is involved with people like Wes.

How do know that his family is pro Duke?? Have you spoken with them? I love hearing all this stuff about these kids but sometimes people are to caught up in the hype of who a kid knows. Being a highly rated player like that you know he will attract high interest from all major programs, but to give up hope on landing him is conceding that you think UT is second rate. With all the speculation why dont you guys throw Illinois in the mix. They offered him damn near before anyone, he has played with some of their players before, and he is from the state. Hell, I talked to him a few weeks back and told him how people around UT hoops want him. He did shoot down the prospects of UT. He did not get excited, but he did not dismiss it either. Matter of fact I heard a couple schools that no one on hear has ever even mentioned. All I'm tring to say is that with a kid this wide open, you should never say never. Dont be held hostage by a kid, but give it your best shot to recruit him.

Just looked at this Rival's profile. He lists a lot of schools (Tennessee not being one of them), including Harvard, Ga. Tech and Georgetown? Is he an exceptional student, as well?

Just looked at this Rival's profile. He lists a lot of schools (Tennessee not being one of them), including Harvard, Ga. Tech and Georgetown? Is he an exceptional student, as well?

Yes you have to be an exceptional student to get into Georgetown.

Sincerely,
Allen Iverson

VN Store

Back