Mike Rosario

zestyzoo23

In VOLS We Trust
According to foxsports.com, Rutgers sophomore G Mike Rosario (16.7 ppg) is transferring to Florida...He had us high on his list...

:banghead2:

Good, we didn't need anymore guards. It's better for us to save it for some big men next class.

It is however looking like Florida will have a pretty good team next season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't think Rosario was ever really considering UT that highly.....USC was up there along with Florida

i agree he probably wasn't really looking at you guys too hard as you've got more than enough guards slated to be eligible in 2011-12. we weren't going to wait around on Rivers for six months with our roster for next year in limbo so we went out and got Rosario. we've got a scholarship spot so no biggie on it being held by a guy who won't be eligible for a year.

i agree he probably wasn't really looking at you guys too hard as you've got more than enough guards slated to be eligible in 2011-12. we weren't going to wait around on Rivers for six months with our roster for next year in limbo so we went out and got Rosario. we've got a scholarship spot so no biggie on it being held by a guy who won't be eligible for a year.

I know Tyus has declared for the draft, but did he hire an agent? Assuming he does go, who takes his place?

I know Tyus has declared for the draft, but did he hire an agent? Assuming he does go, who takes his place?
he declared but he's just testing the waters. he says he won't hire an agent unless he gets a first round grade and i think we all know that's not going to happen.

now should he just be feeding the media lines and he'd prefer to try to play in Europe instead of returning for his senior season Florida for the first time in a long time has plenty of frontcourt depth to replace him. the leading candidates would be sophomore 6'9 Erik Murphy (promising freshman campaign in a reserve role) and incoming freshman 6'9 Patric Young (physically imposing McDonald's All-American who needs to develop a better offensive game and looks poised to back center Vernon Macklin). Lesser candidates would be redshirt sophomore 6'10 Kenny Kadji (missed all last season with a back injury) and 6'8 Adam Allen (sharpshooting wing player with size to play spot time at the 4 but attempting comeback from what was thought to be season-ending injury). We're still pursuing other players who could take his spot if he were to bolt but they'd be longshots. Combo forward and rebounding machine 6'7 Will Yeguette announces between Florida and Georgia Tech tomorrow though long term we're looking at him as a SF and we've received positive initial feedback from Clemson decommit 6'7 Marcus Thornton and Iowa decommit 6'9 Cody Larson.

A luxury to be sure, but we just don't need him at this point. As previously posted, we need big bodies.

I watched Rutgers several times this year, and this kid really impressed me. Dang.

VN Store

Back