keeping our recruits, commits, etc.

BigHodgie

flair...FLAIR!!!
I'm glad the Selby drama is over. It would have been great to get him, but I think we can be excited about what we've got coming in. It's great just to be battling the big time programs for these elite recruits. We are a school on the rise big time.

Ware and Jones for 2011 are looking really good so far. Hopefully we'll be in it for some seriously talented bigs. Now, I don't know much about the Bruce going overseas = losing ground with Selby argument. Old news to me now. I'd just like to see UT's coaching staff and program continue to hold this momentum. Let's be honest, if we're gonna compete with UK so long as Cal is there Bruce must bring in top talent. I'm no expert, but I think Ware and Jones are in that category. I just hope we don't lose them like we did Selby.

Go Bruce. Get 'em. Keep 'em! Go Vols!

Chris Jones will be a great PG for us. He may be short but the kid can flat out play.

Yeah I have a feeling he won't be flip-flopping with his decision. But nevertheless, I still don't trust an 18 year old to stick to their original committment until they sign on the dotted line.

The 2011 class has started off nice, hopefully we can land another top 10 player or 2 to make it even better....IMO I don't think the overeas thing hurt Pearl on his recruitment of Selby....his mother made his decision for him

The 2011 class has started off nice, hopefully we can land another top 10 player or 2 to make it even better....IMO I don't think the overeas thing hurt Pearl on his recruitment of Selby....his mother made his decision for him

i agree

Does anyone know where I can see some of
Jones' highlights? (I can't really find any on YouTube). I heard the kid can play, but havn't seen him. I heard he is short and can score...does he remind anyone of Downey, or is he going to be better?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes and no. I can certainly believe that the other coaches got in his head about UT as well. He was obviously very concerned about getting prepared for the next level.

How does this one sound?

"When Tyler Smith left Iowa, he was viewed by almost everyone as a future lottery pick. He was going to go to UT to be near his father, play a year or so of basketball, and then go make his millions. Yet, he is in Europe now, and may never make the NBA. Pearl has no history of successful drafts for his players, even when they were viewed as potential lottery picks. Think about that, Josh, very carefully."

How does that sound as a great negative recruiting pitch? It can make a kid think, particularly when it's not just one coach telling you that.

Yes and no. I can certainly believe that the other coaches got in his head about UT as well. He was obviously very concerned about getting prepared for the next level.

How does this one sound?

"When Tyler Smith left Iowa, he was viewed by almost everyone as a future lottery pick. He was going to go to UT to be near his father, play a year or so of basketball, and then go make his millions. Yet, he is in Europe now, and may never make the NBA. Pearl has no history of successful drafts for his players, even when they were viewed as potential lottery picks. Think about that, Josh, very carefully."

How does that sound as a great negative recruiting pitch? It can make a kid think, particularly when it's not just one coach telling you that.

Yep. I think that was the deciding factor.

ugh. that would sure get me if I was a high profile recruit. however, all it takes is a couple to get the ball rolling.

we haven't seen a big time star player at UT in many years. the chance to be that for a big fan base should mean a little. maybe?

ugh. that would sure get me if I was a high profile recruit. however, all it takes is a couple to get the ball rolling.
we haven't seen a big time star player at UT in many years. the chance to be that for a big fan base should mean a little. maybe?

If Tobias lives up to expectations, he could be the guy to get it going.

i think it would do Pearl and UT very well to see Scotty live up to expectations. it's not too late.

i think it would do Pearl and UT very well to see Scotty live up to expectations. it's not too late.

You're right. It's not too late and something may click...I don't want to be too negative about it...but the guy has to find some way of not adopting the posture of Neanderthal man when things aren't going his way. I've never seen anyone taken themselves out of a game as well as Scotty can.

I thnk we might be better off without Selby. After watching what little I've seen of him, he seems to like to hotdog a bit. That's not all bad, it's just that doesn't make for a team to be built. A one-and-done is great in one way, but building a team needs boys that are gonna be around for at least 2-hopefully 3-yrs. I kinda liked what we've done over the past 4yrs in building a team and finally seeeing just how far we've progressed. With Selby, his motivation seemed to be his mother. His announcement just seemed to be that mom makes the rules. Nothing wrong w/listening to mom but there comes a time you have to grow up. JMO.
GO VOLS!!

VN Store

Back