Selby is absolutely critical to this team......

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
This team is good. We have an excellent class coming in already (with or without Selby). Yet we don't have a playmaker. Scotty has wayyyyyyy too many on-court issues. Melvin isn't that kind of player. Golden is a 2 who would be hiding as a 1.

Selby could have a John Wall-type impact if he comes here. He will anywhere he goes. Will he be exactly as good as John Wall? No, I'm not saying that, nor is that fair to expect. But can he become that type of player? Yes, he easily has the talent. Right now, UT doesn't have a consistent scoring option, and Selby will instantly provide that from the get-go. Right now, UT is not a Top-20 team, despite the talent coming back and coming in. Selby makes us a Top-10 team and a legitamate Final Four contender for next year. If he has an excellent year here (or the next year) and becomes a top-10 pick (not saying that will happen) it shows future recruits we can send players to the first round of the draft. This will do a lot recruiting-wise for the program where every once in a while we can bring in a Top 5 one-n-done type prospect.

Hopefully Tennessee can bring him in. Will we have a good team without him? Absolutely. Will we have any chance at a Final Four next year (Barring a Hopson miracle)? No. We need Josh Selby to become a legitamate Final Four team.

Last edited:
Who is this guy?? So tobias Harris isnt a playmaker, ok, and earth is also square?

but yes it would be nice to hav Josh

Last edited:
This team is good. We have an excellent class coming in already (with or without Selby). Yet we don't have a playmaker. Scotty has wayyyyyyy too many on-court issues. Melvin isn't that kind of player. Golden is a 2 who would be hiding as a 1.

Selby could have a John Wall-type impact if he comes here. He will anywhere he goes. Will he be exactly as good as John Wall? No, I'm not saying that, nor is that fair to expect. But can he become that type of player? Yes, he easily has the talent. Right now, UT doesn't have a consistent scoring option, and Selby will instantly provide that from the get-go. Right now, UT is not a Top-20 team, despite the talent coming back and coming in. Selby makes us a Top-10 team and a legitamate Final Four contender for next year. If he haves an excellent year here (or the next year) and becomes a top-10 pick (not saying that will happen) it shows future recruits we can send players to the first round of the draft. This will do a lot recruiting-wise for the program where every once in a while we can bring in a Top 5 one-n-done type prospect.

Hopefully Tennessee can bring him in. Will we have a good team without him? Absolutely. Will we have any chance at a Final Four next year (Barring a Hopson miracle)? No. We need Josh Selby to become a legitamate Final Four team.

Don't agree with everything your saying but this is right on IMO

Does this Selby thing seem like it is going like the M. Ambles crap in football? Dont think he is going to be wearing orange. Last time it was Kiffin who got Ambles. Think it is Calapari this time. I dont know what he tells these kids but it works. Just glad he is not a good bench coach.

Watch for Tatum to step up and be a real scoring threat for us next year...I expect big things from him...

That's absolutely certain. I'm sure Cal is telling Selby's mom how Pearl can't get anyone drafted.

Cal is smoking CBP on the recruiting trail - to anyone who will listen. Cal isn't the only guy. It's unfortunate, because it's almost always the pot - kettle syndrome.

Does this Selby thing seem like it is going like the M. Ambles crap in football? Dont think he is going to be wearing orange. Last time it was Kiffin who got Ambles. Think it is Calapari this time. I dont know what he tells these kids but it works. Just glad he is not a good bench coach.

"I'll arrange to have your SAT taken for you. You just go enjoy that big check you just got!" - JC

Cal is smoking CBP on the recruiting trail - to anyone who will listen. Cal isn't the only guy. It's unfortunate, because it's almost always the pot - kettle syndrome.
Oh, I agree. But Pearl needs draft picks to go on. You can't recruit elite players consistently without them.

People can feel free to defend the actions of Bruce Pearl from many years go, but it wasn't a smart move if you want to make friends among other coaches.

Watch for Tatum to step up and be a real scoring threat for us next year...I expect big things from him...

I really hope so. His knees are finally healthy and he was playing excellent down the stretch. The only thing Bruce did wrong in the tourney was not giving Cam more minutes.

"Hey kid the check is in the mail"

Does anyone think that Selby is still considering UK with their latest commitments? I believe it is probably just down to UT and Kansas.

Here is what I've discovered about Selby's recruitment:

A) Everyone at Kansas thinks he is a Jayhawk.

B) Everyone at Tennessee thinks he is a Vol.

C) Everyone at Kentucky thinks he is a Wildcat.

D) The "unbiased experts" think he's headed to Kansas.

What can we gather from this? Absolutely nothing.

Cal is the best recruiter in the nation no doubt, but I don't think he is smoking Pearl....What does Cal have 3 5*'s this year, and we got a 5* and two 4*'s? I know Cal got a verbal from the #1 committ next year, but UT already has a 5* and a 4* for next year so we are competing just fine. Not to mention it's a lot easier to bring someone in, when you can guarentee playing time and no competition for it considering how depleted that roster is at UK

Cal is the best recruiter in the nation no doubt, but I don't think he is smoking Pearl....What does Cal have 3 5*'s this year, and we got a 5* and two 4*'s? I know Cal got a verbal from the #1 committ next year, but UT already has a 5* and a 4* for next year so we are competing just fine. Not to mention it's a lot easier to bring someone in, when you can guarentee playing time and no competition for it considering how depleted that roster is at UK

Pretty sure Selby is guaranteed playing time at UT without much competition.

VN Store

Back