Bruce Pearl on ESPN First Take...

VolMaster14

Former Sunshine Pumper
Bruce is gonna be in studio actually debating Skippy on 1st and 10! Should be verrry interesting! 10 AM EST - 12 PM EST.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Oh yea, for those that don't watch the show its on ESPN 2!

BP comin up in the next 15 minutes or so. Give or take a few...

I love that Bruce just said, "no" when asked if the JP foul was legit. HE didn't want to say it, but he did.

I like him not complaining about the foul call on JP in the final seconds against MSU. Although he said he would have called the foul himself.

Ha some kid running across in the background with his chest painted orange. Skip is bashing right now, but i love bruce's final quote on who's the better basketball program " If a kid is coming out of highschool and is choosing from Vandy or Tennessee, he's going to Tennessee"

last word was from pearl

'if he's a tennessee kid and he has the choice in between going to vanderbilt and tennessee, he goes to tennessee'

get out of here skippy

You know, I used to hate Skip Bayless, but I think of him now as harmless. He's generally very cordial to his guests and today was no exception. He doesn't feel adamantly about most of his contentions anyway. It's all for TV.

Good job BP! They interviewed him before the debate and he said its gonna be tuff replacing Weezy, JP and Maze but is really excited about the young talent comin in. He has done an amazing job with so so talent. Four sweet 16's and an elite 8, now that he is starting to get some McDonalds All Americans, watch out!

Bayless did make one good point. The officiating in NCAA basketball is very amateurish (by which he meant incompetent, of course). The erroneous call by tournament officials screwed the Vols out of an opportunity to win that game. It's unfortunate that Bruce can't publicly criticize the ref for making a bad call for fear that calling it what it really was might come back to bite the Vols in the ass in future tournaments. Officials hold a grudge against anyone who points out their failings, especially when he does so on national TV.

Last edited:
You know, I used to hate Skip Bayless, but I think of him now as harmless. He's generally very cordial to his guests and today was no exception. He doesn't feel adamantly about most of his contentions anyway. It's all for TV.

The only main problem I have with Bayless is that he has a very, very hard time admitting when he was wrong. When the Yankees and A-Rod won the title and A-Rod had a huge postseason, he wouldn't admit he was wrong about A-Rod.

But to each his own.

VN Store

Back