Pearl might have jumped the gun...

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
It looks like E-Man has been cleared by doctors to play.

Here's the potential problem though (and we are playing a little hypothetical here):

1) Selby signs with UT.

2) Maymon has been given a scholly offer, which was E-Man's.

3) We lost one scholly because of the APR.

So right now on scholly is: Woolridge, Goins, Hopson, Tatum, Williams, and Hall.

Signed Prospects: Golden, McRae, and Harris.

Transfer Coming In: Maymon.

I believe we only have 11 scholly's and with that we don't have room for Negedu (if we get Selby). Now if we have 12, then we should be okay, but would Pearl give that scholly to McBee or Bone? That would be an absolute mistake.

Pearl has shown that promises do not mean a thing when it comes to scholarships.

Daniel West agrees with this.

Pearl has shown that promises do not mean a thing when it comes to scholarships.

Daniel West agrees with this.

That's true. Hopefully he does the smart thing with the scholly and not give it to McBee. And if he's going to give it to McBee or Bone, it sure as hell better be Bone.

Mcbee or Bone WILL NOT be given scholarships. Nor have they been offered one. And if Negedu was cleared to play and we got Selby then that would mean the end of Renaldo Woolridge. No problem here at all.

Mcbee or Bone WILL NOT be given scholarships. Nor have they been offered one. And if Negedu was cleared to play and we got Selby then that would mean the end of Renaldo Woolridge. No problem here at all.

Surely you're not suggesting that Woolridge would simply cease to exist. You're speaking simply in basketball terms, correct?

Perhaps you know better than Pearl. He stated in a post game interview that McBee had earned a scholarship. That very much sounds like an offer that was made in a public venue.

If we only have 12 scholarships, then there's room for Selby and Negedu w/o anyone having to leave. The walkons would remain walkons. If we have all 13 scholarships, or if Negedu and/or Selby aren't playing with us, then there's room for McBee and/or Bone to get one. If a scholarship is available, I see no reason to not give it to a walkon rather than just letting it sit there. Bruce could tell a walkon that he is on scholarship next season but may not get one the following year should we need to give it to someone else.

Perhaps you know better than Pearl. He stated in a post game interview that McBee had earned a scholarship. That very much sounds like an offer that was made in a public venue.

So Pearl saying Mcbee earned a scholarship in a post game interview means he offered him a scholarship? Be careful with the words you run with..

The fact that in Bruce's eyes he has earned one doesn't guarantee he'll get one. I take that to mean Bruce will give him one if a scholarship is available.

If a couple of 5-star recruits call Bruce tomorrow to commit, he'll tell McBee he's still a walkon. I'm speaking hypothetically.

Hey wait.. If Pearl offered Mcbee a scholarship, then why is Mcbee not on scholarship? Seems to me that Mcbee would have quickly accepted. Surely this didn't slip by all of the knoxville media.

We arent getting Selby so this really doesnt matter.....reverse psychology maybe!!!!!!

I say that IF we are having to work out the PROBLEM of how to have Selby and Negedu both on scholarship, I'll take those kind of problems anytime.

So Pearl saying Mcbee earned a scholarship in a post game interview means he offered him a scholarship? Be careful with the words you run with..

What would it mean to you? He's earned a scholarship, but we aren't going to offer him one? Perfect logic. The jest was that he would be on scholarship next season since we were already in the second semester of this year.

Hey wait.. If Pearl offered Mcbee a scholarship, then why is Mcbee not on scholarship? Seems to me that Mcbee would have quickly accepted. Surely this didn't slip by all of the knoxville media.

Because he was referring to him being put on scholarship next season not this season.

Ok. Yet is Pearl goi=g to give it to McBee or Bone over E-Man? He better not, especially McBee.

"he better not"
whatcha gonna do? fire him?
correct me if im wrong but isnt their a scolarship that pearl pays for out of pocket in Dane Bradshaws name? give it to Mcbee or Bone or split it a semester for each = problem solved:good!:

Since Renaldo has designed his own academic major, why not have some Big money donor, select him as a partial academic scholly

Negedu had to be held on scholarship this year until it was deemed that he was unable to play for medical reasons.

With the news that he will not be cleared to play at UT, he will remain on scholarship at UT, but it will not count against the 13 limit. He will receive a medical hardship and will be allowed to remain at UT on scholarship until he graduates.

VN Store

Back