Emmanuel Negedu has been CLEARED to play again

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
Basketball dominates Volscars GoVolsXtra

Sophomore Emmanuel Negedu was honored with an "Inspirational Award,'' and revealed he has been cleared to play basketball again despite having a pacemaker as a result of a cardiac incident in September.

Monday marked the first time Negedu discussed his medical clearance with Pearl and UT. The school has just started to review the information.

:good!:

I thought Pearl said "No chance" to him playing here?

miracles can happen

If he's been cleared, then he should be allowed to play. He'd be a big asset.

BTW for anyone worried about the Hank Gathers thing. If Gathers had taken his medicine correctly, he would still be alive, and this situation is different.

If he's been cleared, then he should be allowed to play. He'd be a big asset.

BTW for anyone worried about the Hank Gathers thing. If Gathers had taken his medicine correctly, he would still be alive, and this situation is different.

he will play again

I hope this is true. It'd be a feel-good story. Seems contradictory to what we were told earlier, though.

I am skeptical if they will let Negedu play. It's still a risky issue and you don't want to have to pull out the defibrillator during a game, although that, too, probably would've saved Gathers. I would love to see Emmanuel out there, good kid, hard worker and could help out in the frontcourt, even if he is undersized.

It said in the article that it's the first time he has talked to UT or Pearl since he being cleared. I'm guessing Pearl just found out tonight. Lets hope he can play again here.

I really hope so. It would be more comforting him out there instead of Pearl/Swiperboy.

I am skeptical if they will let Negedu play. It's still a risky issue and you don't want to have to pull out the defibrillator during a game, although that, too, probably would've saved Gathers. I would love to see Emmanuel out there, good kid, hard worker and could help out in the frontcourt, even if he is undersized.

6'7, 240 in college? That's not really undersized lol.

Look, the Gathers thing was different. He didn't take his meds properly. Had he did, he would be still alive. Negedu has a pacemaker and it should be fine.

I hope so too, it would be so much more comforting with him out there. I really hope this is true.

I thought by his junior year he'd be 1st All-SEC. He has good touch, is fierce, and is a freak athletically. He has a lot of potential.

I thought by his junior year he'd be 1st All-SEC. He has good touch, is fierce, and is a freak athletically. He has a lot of potential.

To me, it's just a scary thought to let him play again considering the level of training these guys do basically year around. Seems like it would just be asking for trouble.

6'7, 240 in college? That's not really undersized lol.

Look, the Gathers thing was different. He didn't take his meds properly. Had he did, he would be still alive. Negedu has a pacemaker and it should be fine.

6'7 240 with close to a 40 inch vertical, thats no where near undersized.

To me, it's just a scary thought to let him play again considering the level of training these guys do basically year around. Seems like it would just be asking for trouble.

Sorry, but I'm out of it tonight, I don't follow.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it now.

In a way it seems scary, but if he has been cleared to play then the doctors must be seeing good signs from him.

Law, I think he should be fine with a pacemaker. I know I've said it already, but with Gathers, he didn't take his meds properly. Negedu has a pacemaker, and he should be fine.

Law, I think he should be fine with a pacemaker. I know I've said it already, but with Gathers, he didn't take his meds properly. Negedu has a pacemaker, and he should be fine.

I hope he's able to play. It would be one hell of a story, and we could definitely use the help in the frontcourt as well.

I hope he's able to play. It would be one hell of a story, and we could definitely use the help in the frontcourt as well.

You're right on both fronts.

I do think though that if the doctors aren't 100% in complete confidence he will be fine, then don't let him on the court. This isn't an acl or achilles tendon. This is a heart we are talking about.

You're right on both fronts.

I do think though that if the doctors aren't 100% in complete confidence he will be fine, then don't let him on the court. This isn't an acl or achilles tendon. This is a heart we are talking about.

Exactly.

VN Store

Back