Chris Jones Tearing It Up in AAU

LawVol13

At the KnoxVegas Elite Tournament on UT's campus this weekend, Jones dominated.

Over a 4 game span, he scored 39, 49, 52, and 37 points.
These numbers come from Rob Lewis on the TOS.

Not sure of the quality of the competition, but those numbers are damn good. Lewis also noted that Jones is still trying to get the necessary high school credits to enroll at UT this fall.

Not sure of the quality of the competition, but those numbers are damn good. Lewis also noted that Jones is still trying to get the necessary high school credits to enroll at UT this fall.

I like the look of that. I hope he can

does this kid even try sometimes??? i bet he could put up 81 if he wanted too lol :)

Dude this is top level players he is playing against this tourny is best of the best.i
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dude this is top level players he is playing against this tourny is best of the best.i
It's still AAU though. Not much defense is seen on the court. However, it is impressive to see he has this scoring ability.

Those numbers are great against that level of competition. I know the defense is not the focus at this tournament, but I like the scorers mentatlity.

Wow :eek:hmy: Can't wait to see this guy in orange and white

(Pardon my ignorance while I address it)
He's ours right??? Not on the commit list and I'm just curios. I know he's from Memphis and trying to graduate early, but he is a Vol correct?

(Pardon my ignorance while I address it)
He's ours right??? Not on the commit list and I'm just curios. I know he's from Memphis and trying to graduate early, but he is a Vol correct?

He is committed, but I think for next year's class

I'm beginning to wonder if this kid is not the love-child of Pete Maravich and Michael Jordan. He scores about as much as they did. (But not as much as Tiger Woods).

At this point, I just might prefer to have Jones here in the fall, beginning his four years, than get Selby for one year.

Sure hope he can make it here this fall. It would be the ideal situation. Golden is a combo guard, but he's a better 2 right now. Still, something major to look forward to next year if he can't make it. He's all Vol right now, but it's a long time until the November signing period. I want his signature on the papers.

Daaaannngg! Can anyone say money? We hit the jackpot with this kid, he's gonna look awesome in orange. GO VOLS

At this point, I just might prefer to have Jones here in the fall, beginning his four years, than get Selby for one year.

Don't know that I would go that far, but getting a kid that can shoot in ASAP would help the team immensely

Sounds like Jones coming here next year is more of a pipe-dream, but it would be wonderful if he did.

I thought it was an NCAA Violation to have AAU games on campus. Didn't Arizona get into some trouble for having these?

I thought it was an NCAA Violation to have AAU games on campus. Didn't Arizona get into some trouble for having these?

If I understand it correctly, the institutions can't arrange or provide financial assistance for the games, but they can have them on the campus. This could be wrong, but that is just my understanding.

Here's the actual by-law I found:
The rule - NCAA Bylaw 13.15
An institution or a representative of its athletics interests shall not offer, provide or arrange financial assistance, directly or indirectly, to pay (in whole or in part) the costs of the prospective student-athlete's educational or other expenses for any period prior to his or her enrollment or so the prospective student-athlete can obtain a postgraduate education.
For violations of Bylaw 13.15 in which the value of the benefit received directly by the prospective student-athlete is $100 or less, the eligibility of the prospective student-athlete shall not be affected conditioned on the prospective student-athlete repaying the value of the benefit to a charity of his or her choice.
However, the prospective student-athlete shall remain ineligible from the time the institution has knowledge of the receipt of the direct impermissible benefit until the prospective student-athlete repays the benefit, Violation of this bylaw remain institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1, and documentation of the prospective student-athlete's repayment shall be forwarded to the enforcement staff.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back