What They Say About Coach Bruce Pearl

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
"At Iowa, he was a great coach a great friend and he made me feel like I was a part of his family."

- B.J. Armstrong, former Chicago Bull

"Pearly was always there for me. When I needed somebody to push me or when I just needed advice, he was the coach I went to see. After my playing days at Iowa were over, Pearly helped me reach my goal of playing in the NBA."

- Kevin Gamble, former Boston Celtic

"From the time I met him he was able to get the most out of me as a player. He understood my personality and knew how to motivate me. He believed in me when others did not. He still stays in touch, offering his friendship and advice."

- Brad Lohaus, former Milwaukee Buck

"I wouldn't have made it to the NBA if it wasn't for him. He showed great patience with me, taught me to improve, and motivate me to dot it."

- Acie Earl, former Boston Celtic

"I have known and competed against Bruce since he got his start in coaching at Stanford. He worked hard and learned from a very successful coach in Tom Davis. He has paid his dues and now he is showing that he is truly one of the bright young coaches in the country."

- Coach Lute Olson, University of Arizona

"All too often coaches forget where they came from. That's not the case with Bruce. Since his days at Southern Indiana, only one thing has changed -- Now everybody knows what a great coach he is. Honest, hard working and dedicated, Pearl is destined for great things in Knoxville."

- Angela Lento, CollegeInsider.com

Good info. I particulary like the ones about players getting into the NBA. We need to put that on billboards around the country.

Someone suggested billboards. If we're going to plaster quotes about Pearl to sell the program, we can probably use more recent stuff.

There wasn't anything regarding timing of relevance. Why does their "timing" matter?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've always been one of Bruce's biggest defenders on here, just ask hatvol. But, I don't see the point of copying and pasting old quotes from Bruce Pearl's official website. I guess if it's the first time you've read them, then it's a cool read, and the timing doesn't matter.

From my vantage point, this was like bumping a thread from 2005.

I've always been one of Bruce's biggest defenders on here, just ask hatvol. But, I don't see the point of copying and pasting old quotes from Bruce Pearl's official website. I guess if it's the first time you've read them, then it's a cool read, and the timing doesn't matter.

Nope. Sorry. Your lot is casted. You contradicted a praise Pearl thread.

Your a hater who is hell bent on bringing down the program. :)

I agree. This is pointless.

Whether or not the thread is pointless has nothing to do with when the quotes were made given the fact that the quotes are dealing with Pearl's effect on events that are unaffected by more recent actions. If this information is already available on this board (i.e. bumping a post from 2005), then that would make the post redundant, not pointless. However, given the fact that 90% of the threads created on this site are rehashes of what someone else has said a dozen times before, I don't see the point in bashing the OP or his/her thread simply because of redundancy.

Personally, I'll be happy to make it through one offseason without having the pros and cons of Bruce Pearl intensely debated in every basketball thread. I'm surprised this one hasn't been hijacked.

"I wish he would get the hell out of the SEC because he owns me."

- Billy Donovan, University of Florida Head Coach

"I put the best teams money can buy on the court and I still can't beat him even half the time."

- John Calipari, University of Kentucky Head Coach*

* denotes soon to be vacated

"I wish he would get the hell out of the SEC because he owns me."

- Billy Donovan, University of Florida Head Coach

"I put the best teams money can buy on the court and I still can't beat him even half the time."

- John Calipari, University of Kentucky Head Coach*

* denotes soon to be vacated

You're right. He beats Pearl more than half the time.

More like 1990. When was the last time any of the guys mentioned were coached by Bruce Pearl? That would be like Jim Boeheim highlighting quotes from Rony Seikaly.

Bruce Pearl has the UT basketball program going into the right direction! Mears did well while at UT, but Bruce has done wonders, in my opinion. Keep it up Bruce! GO VOLS! He's "BIG ORANGE" through and through! Let's keep him as long as possible. Anytime he can have to Vols winning 25 games in a season is good. Hopefully he can get us an SEC Championship and a FINAL 4!

Yeh the quotes are cool. I like to hear what guys thàt have matured reflect on someone influencial in their lives.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back