Hire Bubba Trammell

beamerman

I probably didn't put the other post in the right spot, so I will try here. We have a guy here who played on winning fun baseball teams. He is a former major league player, and he loves being in the area and has turned down jobs to stay here. We did worse with Raleigh, why not try this? He would put more into it than almost anybody we could look at. He mentioned that in his opinion there is no reason Tn should not be competitive every year with what we have. Sounds as though he knows something. He also remembers when we were very good.

I'd take anyone over Raleigh. Bubba is an interesting name I hadn't thought of.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bubba's father Buddy was the girl's basketball coach at my high school (Carter High) in Strawplains. I remember Bubba as a little guy running around with a basketball in the gym all the time. I wish him the best.

I wouldn't mind going an unconventional route. Brad Ausmus has a year left on his contract with the Dodgers and if he decides to be a coach which I think he will... the guy knows baseball. In fact, without his knowledge I don't think he is a pro baseball player. Definitely not for 18 years. He is great at calling games for pitchers and the guy attended Dartmouth.

Obviously this is a pipe dream because the odds of Brad Ausmus being on Tennessee's radar is slim to none. Plus, I think he'll end up a major league coach like Girardi. But if the Vols are smart, I think he'd be a really good choice.

You really want a guy that walked away from a chance to play for the Yankees. I hate the Yankees but still to have a chance to play in the majors and then just give up. I dont think you want that coaching eventhough it would be an improvement over whats over there now but who wouldnt be.

How about Rick Honeycutt. As long as we are throwing longshots at the wall. He is a fomer Vols pitcher and is currently the pitching coach for the Dodgers. I'm sure he'd leave LA and the Dodgers organization to come to Knoxville.

Dude was a solid player.

But just because one gives private lessons on the side and has played pro baseball doesn't merit being the head coach at UT.

Dude was a solid player.

But just because one gives private lessons on the side and has played pro baseball doesn't merit being the head coach at UT.

Quite a few Astro fans have talked about hiring him as a head coach when he retires. Some of the fans wanted him this season but he signed on to play another year... I'd like to think the Astros can hire a better quality coach than the Vols. Especially since some of the people here want the Astros left overs. Referring to Phil Garner.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Astros pitching was some of the best in baseball with Ausmus and has been horrible since he left.

Let's put it this way... I don't think Ausmus or any other guy that's played professional baseball would be so bad at coaching that they'd lose their first 10 conference games of the season. Raleigh is as bad as it gets. There is a reason he was coaching at a bad school prior to Tennessee and it's not because he was getting black balled like Bruce Pearl. It's because he isn't a good coach.

Here is an entire article about how Ausmus has helped the pitching in Los Angeles. Tons of comments from Dodger fans saying they wish he hadn't signed on for another year because they want him as a pitching coach.... Brad Ausmus Has the Wrong Job Mike Scioscia's tragic illness

Like I said... I know the Vols won't go after him but this guy is going to end up a coach. It's been fairly obvious in his last five years with the Astros. Dodger fans already see it too... this guy has never been that good on the field yet he's played in the majors for 18 years. That tells you all you need to know about his knowledge of the game.

Is Bubba living in KnoxviLle...if so does anyone know how to contact him?

VN Store

Back