Vols Claim Series Victory Over No. 11 Ole Miss with 10-6 Victory

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team battled back from four different deficits and scored six two-out runs in the eighth and ninth innings to defeat 11th-ranked Ole Miss, 10-6, and pick up its first Southeastern Conference series victory of the season, Sunday afternoon at Oxford-University Stadium/Swayze Field in Oxford, Miss.

More...

Discuss.

norfork looked good out there
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes he did. I believe he had three hits today and six in the series.

Yes he did. I believe he had three hits today and six in the series.

I really wish hawn would pick it up though. polk and norfork keep getting on base and hawn needs to knock em in

I really wish hawn would pick it up though. polk and norfork keep getting on base and hawn needs to knock em in

He was on base four times today. Granted three were walks but not a bad outing.

Forsythe on the other hand, really struggled today. He was 0-5 and I believe his average is just over .200. He's batting about 140 points lower than last season if I remember correctly.

haha yeah i meant forsythe sorry

Not a big deal. Hawn didn't set the world on fire either. I believe he only had one hit in the series.

Thanks for the info guys. Where I live I can't get CSS to watch games or get info.
This keeps the haters at bay for a little while.
I'm going to see them play the Gators though.
GO VOLS!

I really hope Blake get's things turned around pretty soon.....He has been struggling all year and it just keeps getting worse.....A good series win for the diamond vols tho.

I think that the Diamond Vols have found a little something extra(it's about time). Can't wait to see how they do against the Gators this weekend. It was fun watching them play yesterday(Sunday). BTW Ramsey is a nice addition to the pitching staff. Go Vols!

Last edited:
After that series its obvious that Hammy needs to step up and give Todd a raise and extension or we're going to lose him to a better program like LSU.

After that series its obvious that Hammy needs to step up and give Todd a raise and extension or we're going to lose him to a better program like LSU.

Just take it for what it is: a bright spot after a disappointing start that could be a building block for the rest of the season.

Hadn't been around, but nice series win.

Do they stand any chance at all of taking 2 of 3 from Florida this weekend?

VN Store

Back