Todd Raleigh out!

FredWhite2

I have a very credible source that told me today that coach Raleigh is definitely gone by next year, maybe even as early as this season. I will not give up my source, but it is very credible. Some reasons for his departure: his overall record during his tenure. The stories and reports of how he treats the players... Texting will locante after this weeks series blaming him for the three losses and telling him he had no heart, shouldn't be here, isn't tough etc. (Locante will be drafted next year) also the amount and caliber players that have left due to Raliegh: Lockwood, Horne, Lima, Davis etc... Todd Raleigh is finally out. These stories are horrible for a head coach, especially one with a sub par record like ours. Look for Dan McDonnell's name to surface from Louisville...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

McDonnell will be on the short list . But he won't be the top choice.

"Next year" is an odd statement. With VERY low attendance, poor results and mayhem I don't think Mike will have a choice come May (if not sooner)

I wonder if Mike will try the "Diamond in the Rough" hire this time? (see Raleigh, Kiffin and Dooley) or will go with a better accepted list of qualified candidates without ACC (and especially Clemson) ties.

I can't believe its taken this long...he has done nothing for our program

This can not happen fast enough to suit me. Todd Raleigh is a big brown stain on the Orange & White Nation.

"Next year" is an odd statement. With VERY low attendance, poor results and mayhem I don't think Mike will have a choice come May (if not sooner)

I wonder if Mike will try the "Diamond in the Rough" hire this time? (see Raleigh, Kiffin and Dooley) or will go with a better accepted list of qualified candidates without ACC (and especially Clemson) ties.

Clemson ties are not hurting Vandy right about now.

Raleigh has done something... dug a huge hole for Vol Baseball! Make him go away fast, I have not been to a single game this year, one series last season. It is too painfull to watch. Not only is he a bad coach, he is a feaking arse to all involed with the program.

Out by next year? Fire him now! Pay him off and tell him to go away and never come back.

Out by next year? Fire him now! Pay him off and tell him to go away and never come back.

As nice as that sounds, it would be near impossible to find a replacement this season. Even if you could find an available (read: out of work) coach during the season, they probably would not be who you want as the next coach at UT anyway.

Go ahead and start the coaching search now, but let TR finish the season.
The only way I can see canning Raleigh now is if 1) there was one specific incident worth immediate termination and 2) there is a coach currently on the staff that the players trust and can step in as interim head coach with the understanding that he will probably not be retained next year.

That's a tough situation for all involved. As bad as it is now for the players, I think firing TR now makes it even worse in the short term.

As nice as that sounds, it would be near impossible to find a replacement this season. Even if you could find an available (read: out of work) coach during the season, they probably would not be who you want as the next coach at UT anyway.

The only way I can see canning Raleigh now is if 1) there was one specific incident worth immediate termination and 2) there is a coach currently on the staff that the players trust and can step in as interim head coach with the understanding that he will probably not be retained next year.

That's a tough situation for all involved. As bad as it is now for the players, I think firing TR now makes it even worse in the short term.

Can him now and do without a coach-----we're THERE now!

You can tell he's getting the sense that his time is coming quickly to an end, by his comments incessantly blaming the players. Dude, you are a bad coach that makes bad decisions on and off the diamond. It's time for a new regime in baseball. I respect some of the good players Raleigh brought in like Haun, but 1 or 2 guys won't get it done. I hope Hamilton doesn't go the "diamond in the rough" route again, but I have a sinking feeling that he will, they are just cheaper hires generally. Hamilton is a business-man first and AD second. He got lucky with Pearl, but his other hires have been suspect as best(Dooley not withstanding because it's just way too soon to say anything on the guy, although I truly hope he gets it done because I like his personality). We will see. As for established coaches, is Pat Murphy still out there, I know he had some questions surrounding him, but if they aren't serious he's an awful intriguing name.

My vote when a change is made and I believe it will that we shoot high and go get former assistant Dave Serrano at Fullerton. Long shot, yes, but why not we are Tennessee. No way MH even considers Coach D obviously there are reasons why he is still unemployed in the college ranks.

Bill Currier is an assistant on the team. former head coach for Vermont. I believe he would make an excellent interim head coach. He knows how to run a program and was fairly successful at Vermont.

My vote when a change is made and I believe it will that we shoot high and go get former assistant Dave Serrano at Fullerton. Long shot, yes, but why not we are Tennessee. No way MH even considers Coach D obviously there are reasons why he is still unemployed in the college ranks.

Why not we're Tennessee? That's exactly why! Fullerton is one of the top 5 programs if not top 3 all time. You don't leave Fullerton for many other jobs, except maybe USC, Miami or Texas like Augie Garido did.

Bill Currier is an assistant on the team. former head coach for Vermont. I believe he would make an excellent interim head coach. He knows how to run a program and was fairly successful at Vermont.

At this juncture, I would be happy if Nate Headley took over the reigns.

Surely you jest.:crazy:

Nope.....have you not seen all the absolutely INCREDIBLE stats of the individual players and teams, that he PERSONALLY graced UT with in his ILLUSTRIOUS tenure here, put up?
There is NO ONE in the game of baseball ANYWHERE that would be better for this program.

VN Store

Back