LSU series provides golden opportunity

All things must change. :)

It's what everyone calls me anyway.

The University of Tennessee baseball team (11-10, 0-3 SEC) will host defending national champion and fourth-ranked LSU (17-3, 2-1) this weekend at Lindsey Nelson Stadium in Knoxville. Friday night's contest will be televised by CSS at 7 p.m., while FOX Sports Net will broadcast the 3 p.m. game on Saturday.

More...

Discuss.

I just want to not get embarassed by LSU. They may have been looking forward to this one since I think we were the only team to beat the National Champs in a series last year.

In the last 14 games, Bryan Morgado, Steven Gruver, Stephen McCray, Rob Catapano, and Aaron Tullo have combined for an impressive 1.93 ERA. The group has allowed just 15 runs on 44 hits in 70 innings of work......hard to believe we've struggled with those numbers....if only the bats could wake up

An opportunity for what?????

I say it provides an opprotunity for momentum and confidence. However you want to look at it, a series win could put this team back on track to accomplish what it set out to this season.

Momentum. Confidence. However you want to look at it, a series win could put this team back on track to accomplish what it set out to this season.

Very well put by the artist formerly known as Vol_Freak!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Next, I'm just going to change my name to a symbol. :)

Bullpen killing us again...3-2 going into the 9th and Steckenrider, Locante, and Ramsey give up 3 runs...Morgado allowed only 3 in 7 but the bullpen screws the game up again

Bullpen killing us again...3-2 going into the 9th and Steckenrider, Locante, and Ramsey give up 3 runs...Morgado allowed only 3 in 7 but the bullpen screws the game up again

I was keeping an eye on this one during the basketball game. I thought the Vols were threatening in the 8th.

Nice job by Morgado, but a loss.

Locante has been bad lately...so has Steckenrider...although he's not being put in good positions as a freshman...Ramsey should've started the 9th

Locante came in 3-2 if you didnt notice they couldnt score any runs they would have lost even if locante ramsey and steckinrider would not have allowed any runs ... and Raliegh had the infield playing in too close otherwise that wouldhave been a rutine doule play when nola hit the ball off locante,, and by the way they yakked ramsey worse than locante

Bullpen didn't give us a chance to win...can't give up 3 runs in the 9th when you're down just 3-2

No we couldnt take advantage of our runners on base.. did you see any spark of coming back in the bottom of the ninth, did you see us taking advantage of the 9 runners left on base earlier in the game. even if they would have allowed no runs in the ninth inning. as it played out it wold have been 3-2 morgado would have got the loss anyway..dont get me wrong morgado pitched a great game.. we just could not score.. LSU did not out play us ..you would only think that if you just go by the score..that is the only thing that counts I know. The Bull pen has been great all season...they did not loose the game for us!

VN Store

Back