Any ideas, or heard why LHP Adam Adkins, is not starting or playing??

ShoeVols16

I have been following The university of Tennessee Baseball for quite some years now. I have recently seen soph. LHP Adam Adkins has not been pitching? Does any one know why or if he is hurt?

Lord, not another family member on here wondering why their beloved child is not playing (or offered a scholarship).

VolfanatETSU said:
Lord, not another family member on here wondering why their beloved child is not playing (or offered a scholarship).

Or it could just be a legitimate question.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Or it could just be a legitimate question.

Come on Freak, someone creates an account just to ask this? Don't be naive.

Then again seeing posts like this on here before could have just made me very suspicious.

VolfanatETSU said:
Come on Freak, someone creates an account just to ask this? Don't be naive.

People are signing up daily to post in here. This is the hottest place on the Internet to discuss Tennessee baseball.

Seriously though, call me naive I guess.

People are signing up daily to post in here. This is the hottest place on the Internet to discuss Tennessee baseball.

Seriously though, call me naive I guess.
yeah I fixed it to put that I could be very suspicious of this as well. Especially with the incidents of that QB's family (what was it, a new post every 3 days or so?)

Hottest and UT baseball, since our new coach has gotten here, don't really go together that much though. :eek:lol:

Despite the concern; I am a concerned fan with a question. I would rather hear an answer to the subject, rather than non-legitimate post.

Yeah but i want to know as well.. He got a lot of innings in last year and did well.. Must be a reason why he isnt seeing the field

Adam is not pitching because he was kicked of the team for bad performance," The Coach"kicked him off after the Marshall game.. he has done this before to Adam.

I have been following The university of Tennessee Baseball for quite some years now. I have recently seen soph. LHP Adam Adkins has not been pitching? Does any one know why or if he is hurt?

He's not pitching because he has the second-highest ERA on the team (10.12) and opponents are batting .308 against him. He's faced 22 batters on the season and has walked 8 of them.

Lets break that down again.

22 batters faced.
8 have walked.
1 hit by a pitch.
4 hits given up.

On a positive note, he struck out 2.

By appearance: IP H R ER BB SO AB BF
Xavier.............1.0 3 0 0 0 1 6 6
Oregon State....1.0 0 3 1 4 1 4 9
Binghamton......0.2 1 1 1 3 0 3 6
Western KY......0.0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1

So after poor pitching performances against the likes of Xavier, Binghamton and WKY you think he's ready to compete against SEC hitting? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Raleigh, but there's no argument about whether this guy should play. Give me a break.

Those numbers don't lie. I'm sure my boy TR had some inspirational, encouraging and uplifting words for him.

This kids a good pitcher TR just got into his head.. hey maybe he needs to be coached.. now thats a novel idea...a coach that actually coaches and teaches and encourages..imagine if they would have given up on Sandy Kofax. All and any pitcher could go through a slump like this.a true coach is supposed to be able to help him out of it.help kids reach their potential and know strategies to win games.

This kids a good pitcher TR just got into his head

All and any pitcher could go through a slump like this.a true coach is supposed to be able to help him out of it.help kids reach their potential and know strategies to win games.

And you know they got into his head and gave up on him how?

All I'll say is this: coaching is a two-way street. A guy has to be willing to accept coaching and instruction. If he is not willing to make the adjustments that he is coached to make, then he's not going to play.

And to suggest that its all on TR isn't correct, either. Beverlin coaches the pitchers and has been granted the automony to do just that. It seems to be working for the vast majority of the staff, Adkins is the exception rather than the rule.

VN Store

Back