If You Could,Why Would You Fire Todd Raleigh?

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
If you were Mike Hamilton what are the reasons why you would fire Todd Raleigh?

Yes
Why- he has not yet fielded a team that will make or go deep into the post-season. He has brought in some great players, and some players have grown and developed, but great players don't always = great teams.
This is his third year, and it doesn't look like UT has a very good shot at making the post-season again. Sometimes coaches aren't great fits at certain schools, or the timing is off (the list of excuses go on and on) but whatever case, it's just not working out.
I would start the search now, make nothing official, let him finish the season, and give him the pink slip as soon as the season comes to a close. There are a lot of people pushing for Pat Murphy, but instead of trying to hire him as the next coach, I would enlist his help for finding the next coach.

I'm not a big time baseball follower, but from my basic observations I'd say...performance, extremely poor performance. I was hoping for good things this year but, nothing really so far, save 1 good win. No SEC tourney appearances? no Omaha? On what measure of success could you grade him highly? Does his performance justify his paycheck? The answers to these questions would guide my decision making process...If I were MH.

He hasn't done his job, which is win ball games. He has brought in very good players and he keeps losing to teams like Bingingham or whoever, Kennesaw State, and Eastern Kenucky. Mike Hamilton has dropped alot of money into the baseball program and right now he is not getting his money back out of it.

He's in year 3 and his teams have shown zero improvement...if anything they've gotten worse. He's yet to even qualify for the SEC Tournament, much less the NCAA Regionals.

Poor overall win/loss record...terrible SEC record...no postseason play....midweek losses....conflicts with players....lack of connect with the fanbase...anything I'm forgetting?

I think his win/loss record is the reason he will get fired, and the only reason needed. I personally believe if he had a good record he should still be fired. He has terrible relationships with his players (many of them I am friends with). I have yet to meet a player that says they like him or respect him. He has handled a few situations so poorly that he should have been fired last season and was not. Raleigh is a terrible representative of this University and if your players don't respect you (they don't have to like you but that would be nice) they don't seem to get motivated to play a game which is suppose to be fun! When you take the fun out of it you tend to have people playing up tight and it shows...

If you were Mike Hamilton what are the reasons why you would fire Todd Raleigh?

Three years into it and it's debatable there is a more talent-stocked roster on the field that performs even worse now than it did when he took over.

No NCAA appearances.

No SEC Tournament appearances.

I don't know if we've even finished as high as 9th in the SEC.

Consistent embarrassing mid-week losses.

Fan apathy is at an all-time low.

And there isn't the first sign he's about to change the direction of the ship he's sailing either.

No point in firing him mid-season, but I hope Hammy keeps a list of potential baseball coach replacements in his desk at home too because this guy is terrible.

He's in over his head.

It's obvious in the way he speaks, the way his teams play and also just the way he carries himself. He's not a good representative for the University.

He's a disgrace to the University of Tennessee and to the game of baseball. He's an arogant and ignorant SOB who shouldn't be allowed to get anywhere near our guys on the team. I am thoroughly disgusted and angry with the UT athletic department for allowing this to continue. He is ruining the talent on this team with his horrible coaching techniques and constant berating of this team. This team is completely demoralized thanks to Raleigh and his head games. If it weren't for the stupid transfer rule, at least half of this team would be transferring. The sad thing is Mike Hamilton just does not care.

Its not like he doesnt have talent either.. Forsythe and Hawn are all americans and josh liles and pj polk with all SEC capabilities.. Pitching is stout with morgado mcCray and gruver.. Talent is there but there not performing.. When this happens you always have to look at coaching

He hasn't done his job, which is win ball games. He has brought in very good players and he keeps losing to teams like Bingingham or whoever, Kennesaw State, and Eastern Kenucky. Mike Hamilton has dropped alot of money into the baseball program and right now he is not getting his money back out of it.
Which makes it all the more puzzling as to why he even selected Raleigh. I doubt he was that cheap and given his performance, it was/is an even greater debacle. Raleigh belongs in the h.s. ranks, if anywhere.

His arrogance. He does not let his coaches coach. He ran off one of the best pitching coaches in the country.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's got the talent level at the program to a point where he is consistantly pumping out pro players but he still cant win. I could care less about how many pros we have its all about the wins and losses.

He's got the talent level at the program to a point where he is consistantly pumping out pro players but he still cant win. I could care less about how many pros we have its all about the wins and losses.

You can do both, most programs do.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back