My Letter to AD Mike Hamilton

TNVols58

Yes, this took a while to write, but I've had it with Raleigh.

Mr. Hamilton,

I'm writing to you as a huge Vols baseball fan regarding our head coach Todd Raleigh. In his two years here at Tennessee his teams have went 27-29 and 26-29. In the two years he's been here the baseball program has shown absolutely no signs of getting better. It's almost as if the program is getting worse as Todd Raleigh coaches here.

After today's game against 0-4 Binghamton I've about had it with Todd Raleigh as head coach. Not only did we just lose to a team that got swept at Longwood (who's that) and lost today before our game to Kennesaw State, a team that was 1-7 on the year, but the team this past Wednesday dropped yet another midweek game, something that happens nearly every week with Todd Raleigh at the helm. The midweek losing has gotten so bad that Raleigh had to drop the ETSU midweek series because the team had lost something like 5 straight games to them.

I started following Tennessee baseball in 2005, the year the team made it to Omaha for the College World Series. I remember going to the games and always feeling like the team had a great chance to win. Going to Tennessee baseball games was right up there with Vol basketball games and maybe even some of the non-conference home football games. Rod Delmonico was fired after a few subpar years and rightfully so, but the guy that took over for him has nearly taken this program apart and destroyed it. One of the things that bothers me about Raleigh is how he approaches the media and fans. He talks like he's this great coach when in reality the guy's career record is barely over .500. It's sad to see a once proud program in the cellar of the SEC on a regular basis.

Even with the new renovations to the baseball stadium, the fan support has been very mediocre. Todd Raleigh is simply not getting the job done here at Tennessee. Losing midweek games to small conferences games has become the norm, and it seems that the program gets worse as the season goes on. The Tennessee baseball program, players, and fans deserve better than what's going on right now with Raleigh as head coach. Recently Arizona State and head coach Pat Murphy came to a mutual agreement which allowed him to leave the university. Murphy is one of the best coaches in college baseball and hiring him as our next coach would not only elevate our program to a national level but also get the fans back in the seats at Lindsay Nelson Stadium. You made a great hire with Bruce Pearl, who has been awesome here at Tennessee, and I hope your next baseball coach can succeed in the way Pearl has.

Thanks

Pat Murphy? The football team just learned a hard lesson. Be careful what you ask for. There are more questions than answers when it comes to why Murphy is no longer at ASU.:nono:

Raleigh is terrible! He does things that BASEBALL guys just don't do. Where does this ego come from anyway? Terrible hire and terrible skipper setting in "our" dugout!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wonder how seriously Mike Hamilton will take your message considering you spelled the name of the stadium wrong.

Woops...oh well....anyone know how many years Raleigh's contract is for? Hopefully 3!!!

Hopefully Hamilton didn't let the Western Carolina coach sign a deal where it actually matters. We should never be at the mercy of a third rate coach to whom UT did a huge favor by hiring him. Pull the plug now, Hamilton. This experiment has failed.

Both of my sons grew up going to Vol baseball games, now free tickets and food won't even get tem close to Lindsey Nelson. We would all rather watch a decent high school game in the area than see the things that happen in orange now. It's a sad day in our baseball program! make the move and get it right.

Yes, this took a while to write, but I've had it with Raleigh.

Mr. Hamilton,

I'm writing to you as a huge Vols baseball fan regarding our head coach Todd Raleigh. In his two years here at Tennessee his teams have went 27-29 and 26-29. In the two years he's been here the baseball program has shown absolutely no signs of getting better. It's almost as if the program is getting worse as Todd Raleigh coaches here.

After today's game against 0-4 Binghamton I've about had it with Todd Raleigh as head coach. Not only did we just lose to a team that got swept at Longwood (who's that) and lost today before our game to Kennesaw State, a team that was 1-7 on the year, but the team this past Wednesday dropped yet another midweek game, something that happens nearly every week with Todd Raleigh at the helm. The midweek losing has gotten so bad that Raleigh had to drop the ETSU midweek series because the team had lost something like 5 straight games to them.

I started following Tennessee baseball in 2005, the year the team made it to Omaha for the College World Series. I remember going to the games and always feeling like the team had a great chance to win. Going to Tennessee baseball games was right up there with Vol basketball games and maybe even some of the non-conference home football games. Rod Delmonico was fired after a few subpar years and rightfully so, but the guy that took over for him has nearly taken this program apart and destroyed it. One of the things that bothers me about Raleigh is how he approaches the media and fans. He talks like he's this great coach when in reality the guy's career record is barely over .500. It's sad to see a once proud program in the cellar of the SEC on a regular basis.

Even with the new renovations to the baseball stadium, the fan support has been very mediocre. Todd Raleigh is simply not getting the job done here at Tennessee. Losing midweek games to small conferences games has become the norm, and it seems that the program gets worse as the season goes on. The Tennessee baseball program, players, and fans deserve better than what's going on right now with Raleigh as head coach. Recently Arizona State and head coach Pat Murphy came to a mutual agreement which allowed him to leave the university. Murphy is one of the best coaches in college baseball and hiring him as our next coach would not only elevate our program to a national level but also get the fans back in the seats at Lindsay Nelson Stadium. You made a great hire with Bruce Pearl, who has been awesome here at Tennessee, and I hope your next baseball coach can succeed in the way Pearl has.

Thanks

let us know if you get a response
well said

In one of your sentence you wrote he talks like he is a great coach and really he record is 500 that sounds like the football coach we had for a year.

I'm a proponent of the "give them 3 years" philosophy. His time is up. You don't EVER lose to Binghamton with your #1 on the mound.

(And no, we don't want Pat Murphy.)

not a big baseball fan. i've never been to a UT baseball game and probably never will, but UT is too good a place to have a team so lackluster. something just doesn't vibe right with the baseball program it seems. jmo.

I can remember fellow coaches laughing their arses off at him when he gave a Hitting Lecture at a Coaches Clinic a few years ago.

The guy is not respected very well and is not a good coach.

A small college coach who will remain nameless watched a Raleigh-coached UT practice a couple falls ago, and he was absolutely disgusted at the travesty that is Todd Raleigh coaching in the SEC. He was also convinced that his small college team would not only beat UT if they played then, but would absolutely destroy them.......and I believe it.

I can remember fellow coaches laughing their arses off at him when he gave a Hitting Lecture at a Coaches Clinic a few years ago.

The guy is not respected very well and is not a good coach.

What happened? After the lecture some players tried his advice and all struck out, so Raliegh started cursing them out and stated how much he hated them?

What happened? After the lecture some players tried his advice and all struck out, so Raliegh started cursing them out and stated how much he hated them?

No it's that it was blatantly obvious the guy was in way over his head.

Pat Murphy should absolutely be pursued as the next coach. He built the ND program from nothing into a national presence and its impossible to argue with the success he had at ASU.

His teams won the last 3 PAC-10 championships and he was the coach of the year in that conference the past 3 seasons. His players have done well in the classroom and if I remember correctly I dont believe he has ever had a player declared academically ineligible.

Living in AZ I have followed the ASU situation closely. From what I have read and heard, Coach Murphy has been used as a scapegoat by the AD and school president to hide the fact that they have underperformed in their positions. There is a prevailing feeling here locally that Murphy was run out of town.

In Coach Murphy's performance evaluations from AD Lisa Love in 2007-2009 Murphy received almost universal praise that made no mention of problems.

"The coaching job turned in by Coach Murphy and his staff this season cannot be overstated," a supervisor wrote in a 2009 evaluation. "(Murphy's) willingness to work within the guidelines set by the administration led to much success."

Love signed off on that evaluation with a congratulatory letter highlighting several accomplishments and awarding him an 8 percent pay raise.

Then at the time of his resignation Love said Murphy resigned on his own initiative. Truth is that Coach Murphy was fired without warning or explanation.

I am confident that in time (when Coach Murphy can fully tell his side of the story) it will be clear that university politics and nothing else led to coach Murphy's dismissal.

The university that realizes this first and acts first in hiring him is going to be getting themselves one helluva ball coach and will no doubt find themselves competing for a national championship in short time.

VN Store

Back