Morgado Tabbed as 13th-Best College Prospect; Fall Practice Begins Saturday

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
University of Tennessee junior left-hander Bryan Morgado has been named the 13th-best college prospect available for the 2010 MLB Draft, Baseball America announced Wednesday afternoon.

More...

Discuss. :)

Delmonico took his full deck to the CWS in 2005. I will be surprised if UT even makes the NCAA Tourny.

And typically it was boom or bust for Delmonico. Lately, it was bust. Not only did he leave the cupboard bare, the academic shortcomings of his teams left the new coach with fewer scholarships.

I would take a few CWS appearances and him bringing in TONS of talent in trade for a few down seasons. Sure, academics needed improvement, but that is not all on the coach. There are many factors that go towards a student-athlete's academic success. The coach is a big-part, but he's not the only part.

I would take a few CWS appearances and him bringing in TONS of talent in trade for a few down seasons. Sure, academics needed improvement, but that is not all on the coach. There are many factors that go towards a student-athlete's academic success. The coach is a big-part, but he's not the only part.

I worked at Thornton during the Delmonico era. He was the reason our players were not even solid academicians then. Now they're held accountable and yes it's that simple.

Just look what Kiffin has done with the football team GPA, with nothing but the coaching changing over there. Thornton still has to follow the same NCAA rules and I doubt the football players' families suddenly stressed school more. The coach sets the precedent and Delmonico didn't care about grades one bit. When you're a coach of a secondary sport, that will get you fired, especially now that the NCAA will remove scholarships from programs that don't perform.

VN Store

Back