Incoming Players Next Year?

TNVols58

Anyone know where I can find a list of incoming players for next year?

The ones I know of now are:
Chad Bell, SP from Walters St
Rob Catapano, SP from UNC
Matt Duffy, SS from Vermont
Drew Steckenrider, OF from a GA HS (top prospect, will go pro more than likely)

Scroll through about 4 pages in the baseball forum. The topic is something like "Top 30 class according to Baseball America"

Is this it? It was right where I told you.

Chad Bell LHP 6-3 215 R/L Knoxville, Tenn. (Walters State CC)
Nicholas Blount RHP 6-6 210 R/R Loganville, Ga. (South Gwinett)
Ryan Casteel C 6-0 195 R/R Cleveland, Tenn. (Bradley Central)
Christopher Fritts OF 5-8 175 R/R Houston, Texas (Cypress Ridge)
Andy Hillis RHP 6-7 210 R/R Brentwood, Tenn. (Brentwood)
Brandon King RHP 6-4 240 R/R Martinsburg, W.Va. (Martinsburg)
Jon Reed RHP 6-2 200 R/R Tulsa, Okla. (Tulsa Memorial)
Michael Theodore RHP 6-2 200 R/R Bloomfield Hills, Mich. (Detroit Country Day School)
Alan Walden RHP 6-2 155 R/R Chattanooga, Tenn. (Red Bank)
Drew Steckenrider OF 6-5 205 S/R Lawrenceville, Ga. (Greater Atlanta Christian)
Cody Stubbs 1B 6-4 225 L/R Waynesville, N.C. (Tuscola)
Khayyan Norfork 2B/SS 5-10 170 R/R Ripley, Tenn. (Jackson St CC)

Tyler Hannah SS for Wallace State signed with us. How do i know this? He went to school with me a couple of years ago.

how good of a class is this if Steckenrider goes to school? We might lose no one to the draft as well. Kentrail certainly didn't help his draft stock this year.

Morgado didn't help his draft stock either, i'm not sure who represents him either. He has Ace potential though. Hernandez is also eligible but i'm not sure how teams like him.

Bell was drafted in the 14th round
Stubbs was the 888th overall pick
Steckenrider was undrafted

Is this it? It was right where I told you.

Chad Bell LHP 6-3 215 R/L Knoxville, Tenn. (Walters State CC)
Nicholas Blount RHP 6-6 210 R/R Loganville, Ga. (South Gwinett)
Ryan Casteel C 6-0 195 R/R Cleveland, Tenn. (Bradley Central)
Christopher Fritts OF 5-8 175 R/R Houston, Texas (Cypress Ridge)
Andy Hillis RHP 6-7 210 R/R Brentwood, Tenn. (Brentwood)
Brandon King RHP 6-4 240 R/R Martinsburg, W.Va. (Martinsburg)
Jon Reed RHP 6-2 200 R/R Tulsa, Okla. (Tulsa Memorial)
Michael Theodore RHP 6-2 200 R/R Bloomfield Hills, Mich. (Detroit Country Day School)
Alan Walden RHP 6-2 155 R/R Chattanooga, Tenn. (Red Bank)
Drew Steckenrider OF 6-5 205 S/R Lawrenceville, Ga. (Greater Atlanta Christian)
Cody Stubbs 1B 6-4 225 L/R Waynesville, N.C. (Tuscola)
Khayyan Norfork 2B/SS 5-10 170 R/R Ripley, Tenn. (Jackson St CC)

Don't know for sure who stuck and who left as school has just started but I do know for sure Chad Bell is gone and that according to Raleigh was a biggie. Lucky for Raleigh Morgado couldn't get things worked out or Tn baseball 2010 was SOL. So far as some of the others on the list I don't think we picked up anyone who can replace the position players we already have. From my view point the only open positions in the field are at third and one in the outfield. Talk is the Duffy kid who transfered in from Vermont is a slam at third. I hope this isn't the case as I took a look at his stats this summer in the Cape and a .185 won't cut it in SEC play. Lets face it the American East Conferance isn't exactly top notched D1 with Stony Brook, Binghamton, Albany, Hartford and New Hampshire, Top players there couldn't make most JUCO teams in the south. Duffy wasn't even a starter at Vermont early on in the season when they played the SEC's Vanderbilt and Ole Miss who both racked up a total of over 70 runs againsst them and allowed around 15. I do hope we have an alternative. So far as outfielders I know they are high on the Steckenrider kid. We got a pretty good crew out there already with Polk, Liles, Ramsey and Thurber.
So far as the Norfolk kid and Hannah kid I don't see them replacing Grisham or Ozborne. Casteel should give Forsyte much needed relief behind the plate and if our pitchers can act like they are still in summer ball and not playing for TR they just might win us some games, Anyhow I look forward to making the drive in from Loudon and checking them out real soon and I can give you a better heads up.

good enough to play in the cape league after soph season, , should be Ok in the SEC....just looked it up... Duffy started last two years at SS at Vermont....missed first six games against SEC teams in 09 with a broken hand....Freshman All-American(at SS), a Brooks Wallace National Shortstop of the Year finalist in 09 as well as America east conference player of the year (.388), led the cape league this summer in fielding % at 3B ....maybe Raleigh found a diamond in the rough here? Let me know what you see.

Your right about Bell- he would have been a huge addition, but he lit it up at the cape league and naturally took the money! I'm sure Raleigh was completely blindside by that one that got away...watched alot of ball this summer up at cape cod and saw every one of his starts thinkin he was comin- saw him pictch a fog shortened no-hitter and he was untouchable! Morgado was the one that I thought would definitely not come back, looks like we have him one more year, Hold off burying new 3rd baseman Duffy- the boy can flat out play. He was easily the best third defensive 3baseman I saw all summer and I guess thats a new position for him from SS. Big guy with power, dont expect him having a problem hitting in the SEC based on the pitching he saw all summer at the cape.

haven't seen anything on Tyler Hannah in this forum but he transfered back home because he says Raleigh is a total dick. Raleigh also wouldn't let him out of his LOI so he's sitting this year out.

haven't seen anything on Tyler Hannah in this forum but he transfered back home because he says Raleigh is a total dick. Raleigh also wouldn't let him out of his LOI so he's sitting this year out.

He couldn't have played anywhere thus year anyway, once he gets on campus, the terms of the LOI wouldn't allow him to play anywhere, even with a release. The year in residency is a hard rule with the NCAA.

i thought you could transfer in baseball and not lose a year but i'm not sure about transfer rules in baseball. Regardless Raleigh wouldn't grant him a release.

i thought you could transfer in baseball and not lose a year but i'm not sure about transfer rules in baseball. Regardless Raleigh wouldn't grant him a release.

You can, but not until you have a year in residence. An athlete, in all sports, must spend a full school year to transfer without penalty.

As far as CTR not allowing a release, that's not in his hands at all. The UTAD has a department-wide policy of not granting releases. Mike and Joan took it out of the head coaches' hands to avoid inconsistant actions by coaches. If a player wasn't granted a release, its because that what Mike decided, not Raleigh's call.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back