GT to host Vols baseball

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
GT beat S. Carolina today 5-0 so they will host UT for the Super Regional in Atlanta. It will be played either June 10-12 or 11-13. Here is the bracket.

NCAA Bracket

Tech chokes all the time in Super's....see last year

I just bought my tickets. I am going to at least the first two games. Not sure I will be able to make the Sunday night game or not. The times are 4pm Friday, 1pm Saturday, and 6pm Sunday (if necesary).

BHAM, I know that Bayou is going as well.

Anybody else??

I may try and make it. Do you know which Marriott is closest to the stadium? I am getting different answers on that.

Sorry, no clue on Atlanta. At least wear a VolNation Tee shirt so I can recognize you. I don't trust the picture in the pic thread a month or so ago. Were you actually in that pic?

No, it wasn't me. I forget who posted that. :rlol:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 7, 2005 10:09 PM
No, it wasn't me. I forget who posted that. :rlol:
[snapback]101755[/snapback]​

Was it the one that I posted of the 3 guys standing around?? :dlol:

Freak, GaVol and Volstorm...
post-4-1114656802.jpg

:dlol:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 7, 2005 4:08 PM
I may try and make it. Do you know which Marriott is closest to the stadium? I am getting different answers on that.
[snapback]101642[/snapback]​

I think there are a couple of Marriott brand hotels on Peachtree, but you're going to get hammered on the rates. I'd save the money and either stay in Marietta and drive in or stay in Roswell and park at a MARTA station and ride in on the train.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jun 7, 2005 10:22 PM
I think there are a couple of Marriott brand hotels on Peachtree, but you're going to get hammered on the rates.  I'd save the money and either stay in Marietta and drive in or stay in Roswell and park at a MARTA station and ride in on the train.
[snapback]101762[/snapback]​

Or you all could just stay with GaVol.... :whistle:

You're such helper OWB. :lol: Unfortunately, that would involve driving through Atlanta and on south down I-75 about 80 miles. Then when you got here you could watch as my wife killed me.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 7, 2005 10:19 PM
Freak, GaVol and Volstorm...
post-4-1114656802.jpg

:dlol:
[snapback]101760[/snapback]​

MOOST over on the DugOUT sent me a list of discounted Marriott brand hotels for this weekend. I deleted it, but I'll ask him to post it again. They were VERY inexpensive. Under $65.00.

Hey Freaky, do you have Marriott rewards? If so, you can go online and see what hotels are available for the weekend using your points, and make your reservation.

Looks to me like the closest Marriott brand is a Residence Inn at the corner of West Peachtree and 11th St. a couple of blocks off campus.

Prediction from one of the writers @ Baseball America:

Q: Josh from St. Paul asks:
I love the pitching from Tennessee with the staff Ace Hocehvar and Adkins behind him. Do you think the vols have the pitching and hitting to carry them past Georgia Tech?

A: Will Kimmey: Georgia Tech scores a ton, but Tennessee was the top offensive club in the SEC this year, and that surely means something. If Eli Iorg is fully back from his foot injury (sustained in the SEC tourney), he and Chase Headley and JP Arencibia lead an offense that can be as potent as Tech's at times. The pitching edge, with Hochevar and Adkins superior to what most teams on the East Coast can offer, lead to me taking this a nice upset pick.

LINK

Unfortunately, Iorg IS NOT fully recovered from his stress fracture. In fact, during Sunday's game against WSU, the announcers said several times that Eli's limp was getting worse as the game went along. BUT, I certainly hope he was just faking it (yeah, right).

VN Store

Back