Hochevar to start for Royals

Sweet. I'll have to keep an eye on that one if I can.

There's not a logical answer for that.

according to everything i read about the royals spring training (i'll admit it was very little, but i'd assume KCvollaw and trut know more than i do) he just barely missed earning a starting spot during spring training. he's evidently done anything but underachieve.

how in the He** has someone that was drafted just two years ago and already called to the majors underachieved?

Yeah really dominated AA last year with a 3-6 record and 4.69 ERA. In AAA 1-3 record and 5.12 ERA, i'm sure this is what the Royals had in mind when they drafted him.

Yeah really dominated AA last year with a 3-6 record and 4.69 ERA. In AAA 1-3 record and 5.12 ERA

have you seen him pitch?

he must be doing something right to get to AAA in only 1 year and even get called up to the bigs.

It's amazing how insignificant stats actually are when calling up players to the big leagues.

They probably called him up just because he was the #1 pick in the draft a couple of years ago.

They probably called him up just because he was the #1 pick in the draft a couple of years ago.

yeah.. they called him up because he's the number pick.

They dropped Hideo Nomo just because they felt compelled to play the number one draft pick.

absolute asinine logic. It's the reason you are on a message board and not working as a GM somewhere in MLB.

yeah.. they called him up because he's the number pick.

They dropped Hideo Nomo just because they felt compelled to play the number one draft pick.

absolute asinine logic. It's the reason you are on a message board and not working as a GM somewhere in MLB.

Same to you.

Your right Hochevar has lived up to the expectations of being the #1 draft pick, he's absolutly dominating at every level of the minors.

if you really think Hochevar only got called up because he was the #1 draft pick not even two years ago, it proves you know nothing about the game of baseball, so don't even try.

Hell, i don't why he got called up, i was just suggesting something. You have to remember what orginization he plays for, there is a reason why they've always been terrible.

Hell, i don't why he got called up, i was just suggesting something. You have to remember what orginization he plays for, there is a reason why they've always been terrible.

First off, we haven't always been terrible. Secondly, Hochevar making it to the major league level in the little amount of time he did is attributed to his talent level. That is quite an achievement, and I don't think he's getting anything handed to him. He was called up b/c Bale was put on the DL.

I won't pretend we are a great team b/c we are anything but, but Hochevar is still very young as a baseball prospect and to call him underachieving is a reflection of your credibility thus far. As many prospects are, Hochevar is very aggressive at this point of his career. He goes right after batters, and that can be bad when you're inexperienced. He also got absolutely no support from our bats tonight and probably tried to do too much.

Anyway, didn't get to see Hochevar's start last year so I'm hoping he's still in the show when I get back home.

didn't Hochevar burn some bridges somewhere by holding out for more money?

You might as well admit that you know absolutely nothing about talent scouts, farm systems, and player development. The Royals are not bad because they do not know how to evaluate and develop talent. They are bad because they can never afford to keep that talent.

Hochevar is going to be pretty good. Yes, he got rocked yesterday. It was his first big league outing...after only one year in Omaha. The kid has great stuff. By the end of the year, he will prove to a lot of people that he deserved to be drafted so highly. Unfortunately for me, that means that he will probably not be on the Royals roster in 2010 (maybe not even 2009).

You might as well admit that you know absolutely nothing about talent scouts, farm systems, and player development. The Royals are not bad because they do not know how to evaluate and develop talent. They are bad because they can never afford to keep that talent.

Hochevar is going to be pretty good. Yes, he got rocked yesterday. It was his first big league outing...after only one year in Omaha. The kid has great stuff. By the end of the year, he will prove to a lot of people that he deserved to be drafted so highly. Unfortunately for me, that means that he will probably not be on the Royals roster in 2010 (maybe not even 2009).

I agree he could be good, but anybody that believes that he's meeting expectations are just homers, or they got their head so far their a$$ they can't see the truth.

I think overrated is the better word for Hochevar.

I agree he could be good, but anybody that believes that he's meeting expectations are just homers, or they got their head so far their a$$ they can't see the truth.
Anyone who is already declaring him a bust or overrated, knows absolutely nothing about baseball. Tell me, how did Jake Peavy do his first six games in the Bigs? Hmm...he surrended 23 runs over 31 innings. I guess he was a bust and was overrated...

Zambrano gave up seven runs in his first four innings in the Bigs.

Anyone who is already declaring him a bust or overrated, knows absolutely nothing about baseball. Tell me, how did Jake Peavy do his first six games in the Bigs? Hmm...he surrended 23 runs over 31 innings. I guess he was a bust and was overrated...

Zambrano gave up seven runs in his first four innings in the Bigs.

You know nothing about baseball because Peavy was drafted in the 15th round so his expectations weren't high, but he dominated the minors unlike Hochevar.

You know nothing about baseball because Peavy was drafted in the 15th round so his expectations weren't high, but he dominated the minors unlike Hochevar.

name one player, a pitcher especially who has been determined a bust or a success in such a short time.

VN Store

Back