Vols fall to Tech

#1volsfan

The Vols lost to Tennessee Tech tonight in Cookville
7-9. Just thought I would let my fellow Vols know.
They led up until the 6th inning and Tech ended up scoring four runs in the bottom of the sixth to take the lead. They evidently held on to win. I wanted to stay but my driver had to work the next day so we had to go at the end of the sixth.

Seems about the same to me. Raleigh's American League style play isn't working that well. One of my friends was just commenting on how he wished we had gotten Serrano.

Not every coach is Bruce Pearl. Sometimes it takes a few years and a coach's own players to find sucess. Remember, most of these guys were recruited to play small ball, not Raleigh's style.

Let's not jump off the bridge and fire the guy yet. However, can't be losing to Lipscomb and Tenn. Tech and expect to compete in the SEC.

I'm not calling for his head or anything, but I mean come on...Tennessee Tech?

I would give Raleigh 2-3 yrs I think he will be fine. Next years players are his first recruiting class... I know pitching depth will be better.

I'm almost ready to give up on College Baseball in general. The way they do scholarships will make it difficult to ever bring in a lot of talent because most people will just say screw it and go pro. If he makes UT even respectable, I'll think he's done a good job.

I agree with you 100%..... the scholarship thing is about to get worse for baseball ..... thank you NCAA

I'm almost ready to give up on College Baseball in general. The way they do scholarships will make it difficult to ever bring in a lot of talent because most people will just say screw it and go pro. If he makes UT even respectable, I'll think he's done a good job.

Yeah, I can't respect beating #3 Texas or sweeping LSU for the first time EVER.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

I'm not calling for his head or anything, but I mean come on...Tennessee Tech?

Well actually I am from Monterey, in between Cookeville and Crossville so I keep up with the local college and they aren't too aweful bad this year I think they 20-7 and have played everyone pretty close. We just didn't play very well at all yesterday. Some wild pitches in the sixth changed the momentum to Tech. Fun game to watch tho.

will people finally start to believe that delmonico left the cupboard bare and it's going to take 2-3 years minimum before we can ever truly see any effects of the Raleigh administration?

Didn't Delmonico have some worse losses the last couple of years with more talented teams? I can't think of the games but I'm almost certain there were a couple.

Since I live in Cookeville, I hear a lot about Tech, and like the earlier post said they're not a bad team. Still, losting to tech if your Ut can't be considered an ok loss. Hopefully over time things will nget better.

I'm just not sure with the way Baseball schollies work, that we'll be able to improve the "cupboard." How are you supposed to convince top talent to come when you basically cannot offer them a full scholarship? He will get players to fit his system though, and you would have to figure that would help.

Someone explain to me how thes baseball schollies exactly work anymore.

Each school gets 11.7 scholarships and they are "splitable", meaning a coach can offer X player 1/2 a scholarship and Y player a 1/4 scholarship. As you can guess, the level of player you are determines how much you get, although there are other factors too.

VN Store

Back