2018 Pick'em Champ - BruinVol

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Congrats to BruinVol for winning this years Pick'em contest. Well deserved......:cheer:

you can either email me at oldtimerbaseball@icloud.com (anonymously if preferred) and give me your mailing address or you can email Freak at vol_freak@yahoo.com. Going thru Freak takes a little longer as I need to send to him and then he can mail directly to you. Up to you...... Just give Freak your mailing address and I'll let him know whats going on.

Zach has requested the "unofficial" signed ball. If you like, I will send it directly to him on your blessing. Just let me know and then Zach can send his address to me or Freak.

I will confirm the email address on this post by xxx'ing out a few letters in the event Norcal of some other yahoo tries to hijack the grand prize.

Also, there will be a 2 point Pick'em for the O/W World Series in the Fall. Double to be determined.......so check back later in the fall.

Hope everyone enjoyed Pick'em this year, hopefully it created a little more interest in Vol Baseball. Good years are approaching quickly, excited about the future of the program! GBO.

Reactions: 1 person
I have said a number of times if I won anything I would give it to the best Vol Baseball fan we have here and that's 66.

I am confused on the prize but anyhow if 66 wants it, he deserves it and should have it. If not pass it down to Zach.

Thanks OT. It was fun all year

I have said a number of times if I won anything I would give it to the best Vol Baseball fan we have here and that's 66.

I am confused on the prize but anyhow if 66 wants it, he deserves it and should have it. If not pass it down to Zach.

the ball is separate from the Grand Prize.

If you wish to pass the grand prize to 66 then lets confirm it here from both parties and I can send the ball to Zach.

Thanks Bruin for the kind words...pass it on to Zach OT!!!

GBO!!!

the ball is separate from the Grand Prize.

If you wish to pass the grand prize to 66 then lets confirm it here from both parties and I can send the ball to Zach.

Great

66 gets the grand prize

Zach gets the ball

And I know you guys love this but I get what I want the most......

Bragging rights

Reactions: 1 person
If there is some other prize besides the Santiago ball, Bruin should get it, or someone who participated in the pickem on a regular basis...

Thanks Bruin for the kind words...pass it on to Zach OT!!!

GBO!!!

So, 66 is the benefactor of Bruin's graciousness. 66, either email me at the above address or email Freak with your mailing information.

Zach, contrats, you now own a potential valuable piece of baseball memorabilia.......either contact me or Freak. Zach will appreciate the ball, wouldn't doubt it ends up on the mantle.

If you'll email Freak, let me know so I can send directly to him.

So, 66 is the benefactor of Bruin's graciousness. 66, either email me at the above address or email Freak with your mailing information.

Zach, contrats, you now own a potential valuable piece of baseball memorabilia.......either contact me or Freak. Zach will appreciate the ball, wouldn't doubt it ends up on the mantle.

If you'll email Freak, let me know so I can send directly to him.

Aw shucks you two, I don't really know what to say.

I'd feel a whole lot better about this if maybe we could donate "the prize" to a charity of either one of your choosing.

OT I know what a pain it is to keep that running all year and Bruin, you religiously participate...I appreciate the offer, I really, really do.

Aw shucks you two, I don't really know what to say.

I'd feel a whole lot better about this if maybe we could donate "the prize" to a charity of either one of your choosing.

OT I know what a pain it is to keep that running all year and Bruin, you religiously participate...I appreciate the offer, I really, really do.

I've already purchased the prize(s)......might as well take it.

I've already purchased the prize(s)......might as well take it.

Okay...so here is the deal...

I will respect Bruin and OT's wishes here, and when I say that it is with great gratitude for what you both bring to the board, and humbly accept...

On one condition...

Freak has to sign off on this by giving the "Updated Pick'em" a sticky next season.

Okay...so here is the deal...

I will respect Bruin and OT's wishes here, and when I say that it is with great gratitude for what you both bring to the board, and humbly accept...

On one condition...

Freak has to sign off on this by giving the "Updated Pick'em" a sticky next season.

Good idea, a single Pick’em Update thread is desperately needed.

also, a Pick’em Rules stickey would be nice too. I’ll email Freak next year and see if we can make that happen.

Last edited:
Congrats to Bruin..... well played.... so deserving of the crown.

Many thanks to OT for all the thankless work in this fun activity that most assuredly brings needed attention to the diamond Vols.

And a Dilly Dilly to 66. Couldn’t agree more that he has been the Diamond Vol Nation leader for years. Lifetime achievement award earned.

Old Timer, what every you and 66 want/need consider it done. Just let me know.

Old Timer, what every you and 66 want/need consider it done. Just let me know.

Thanks Freak! He will email you or me his address. If he emails you I’ll send you a stamped envelope prepaid so all you have to do is address and send. Same for Zachpach if he wants the “Bennie” ball

VN Store

Back