2003 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Learn to Bunt Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 05-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
Zues1

Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Players, coaches, fans no longer have the patience for small ball. They prefer the grandiose HR. It's no longer instilled in the player at a young age. Daddy, coach teaching, preaching HR's. It's similar to the ground game in football, fans want to see the bomb. 45-43 scores. They would be bored out of their skulls watching a 7-3 football game and quickly go to their I phone for a fix It's really a shame, no patience.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #17
Vols reporter

I am still mad

😡 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
Vols reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues1 View Post
Players, coaches, fans no longer have the patience for small ball. They prefer the grandiose HR. It's no longer instilled in the player at a young age. Daddy, coach teaching, preaching HR's. It's similar to the ground game in football, fans want to see the bomb. 45-43 scores. They would be bored out of their skulls watching a 7-3 football game and quickly go to their I phone for a fix It's really a shame, no patience.
I agree they like the HR, the dunk, the hail Mary etc. etc. But in this particular game lay down the bunt so we can win
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #19
vol66
GBO!

Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Isn't a sac hit the same as a bunt?
Sure, technically...I was talking about a swinging ground out opposite the runner...

My overall point was that it is hard to understand keeping the bunt on after two strikes, which we did twice last night and I believe we fouled them both off for the out...we just haven't been very effective this season bunting, at least from the games I've watched.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #20
vol66
GBO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues1 View Post
The irony of this thread is that with CDS the complaining about small ball was through the roof by the time he was done...now we're complaining we can't bunt.

Kind of funny.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #21
tennrich1

Bunting is and always seems to be the most difficult thing to pull off at every level. Itís so frustrating to me. Been to spring training with Cardinals multiple time (as a fan of course) and thereís an infield only set up for two purposes....situational baseball and bunting. And hours are spent doing both. But in live game situations itís seems bunting is a lost art....a very frustrating think for sure....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #22
BruinVol

Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccshortstop View Post
I knew that was going to come up and now he has had one good hit for the year.
Lol

Well now award him 2 huge Ws in SEC play.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #23
BruinVol

Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
In all seriousness wth are the odds he would have two game winning Jacks?

Crazy
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #24
Gilbert
Punter U

Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt Learn to Bunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
In all seriousness wth are the odds he would have two game winning Jacks?

Crazy
Happy for him. Seems like a team guy who gets every ounce out of his physical abilities.

On another note, does anyone know if Stapp is still hurt? I know he had a scary looking injury in the first SEC series and I think he came back for a game or two later in the season. He played well in the non conference season, but I hadnít heard if heís not fully healthy or the staff is more comfortable with Chinea at this point.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #25
vol66
GBO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
Happy for him. Seems like a team guy who gets every ounce out of his physical abilities.

On another note, does anyone know if Stapp is still hurt? I know he had a scary looking injury in the first SEC series and I think he came back for a game or two later in the season. He played well in the non conference season, but I hadnít heard if heís not fully healthy or the staff is more comfortable with Chinea at this point.
He returned last 3rd of the season, got a start in the midweek at 3B seems like...but really hasn't been involved since.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #26
zachpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post

His conference BA is .059. His play in the field and his speed on the base paths put him behind Chinea. Injury really set him back. Much like Luc Lipcius at first base.
Reply With Quote TOP