Pick'em Kentucky

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Once a year in a SEC Series typically the 3rd to last series the HAIL MARY will be offered........PLEASE READ below

If you are more than 18 points behind the points leader, you can play the HAIL MARY and have a chance to win up to 18 points however if you pick incorrectly, you will lose the HAIL MARY the points! Click here to see if you are HAIL MARY ELIGIBLE, http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...le-eligible-kentucky-series.html#post15348546

You may also play the Double Up if desired or within 18 points of the Leader......YOU CANNOT PLAY BOTH THE DOUBLE AND HAIL MARY

HAIL MARY POINTS SYTEM
Sweep Hail Mary Correct +18
Sweep Hail Mary Wrong -18
2-1 or 1-2 Hail Mary Correct +9
2-1 or 1-2 Hail Mary Wrong -9
2-1 and we Sweep +3
Swept Hail Mary Correct +18
Swept Hail Mary Wrong -18

200px-Kentucky_Wildcats_logo.svg.png

Kentucky 29-15, SEC 10-11

Projected Regional Team - Yes

Player of the Year: Tristan Pompey, OF, Kentucky

TOP PROSPECTS, 2018 DRAFT
6 Sean Hjelle RHP Kentucky
9 Tristan Pompey OF Kentucky
16 Justin Lewis RHP Kentucky
20 Zach Haake RHP Kentucky

TOP PROSPECTS, 2019 DRAFT
2 Zack Thompson LHP Kentucky
14 Chris Machamer RHP Kentucky
33 TJ Collett 1B Kentucky

IMPACT FRESHMEN
28 Daniel Harper RHP Kentucky

Grading The Wildcats
Just as scouts grade prospects using the 20-80 scouting scale, we use a 20-80 scale to evaluate teams in our top 25. A score of 50 in each category is average, relative to a typical NCAA tournament team; 55 is slightly above-average; 60 is above-average (plus); 70 is well above-average (plus-plus); 80 is top of the scale, historically strong. Accordingly, 45 is fringe-average or slightly below-average; 40 is below-average; 30 is well below-average; and 20 is the extreme in that direction.

Hitting: 55
Power: 60
Speed: 50
Defense: 60
Starting pitching: 65
Bullpen: 65
Experience/Intangibles: 60

Kentucky took a huge step forward as a program last year, hosting a regional for the second time and advancing to supers for the first time. That experience should pay dividends in Mingione’s second season at the helm. This team is loaded with quality veteran leadership, and Mingione has built a special, extraordinarily tightknit culture in a very short period of time. These players believe in each other and play for each other, and that’s powerful. Still — Kentucky is relying on a number of newcomers to play prominent roles, and there’s never any guarantee when it comes to juco players adjusting to the SEC. It helps that a couple of them are bouncebacks from prominent D-I schools, which should help ease the transition. On paper, this looks like Kentucky’s most talented team ever, a bona fide contender to get the program to Omaha for the first time ever.

Link to Uk's Schedule and Results, 2018 Baseball Schedule - University of Kentucky

Simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or SWEPT

Double Up if you're feeling lucky or throw the HAIL MARY................

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the mid-week games or weekend series
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for a weekend series or WIN or LOSE for a midweek game.
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. Weather will be an issue, I'll post any instructions regarding weather prior to each game, check back often if inclement weather is in play
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering, 2018 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

Point System
Weekend Series
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 or 1-1 for a rained shortened series. No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 2 games due to weather

Midweek Games
2 points for correctly picking the winner
games will be handicapped

Double Up
Double your point value if correct however the original point value is subtracted if your prediction is wrong. Example, you pick the Vols to go 1-2 and you Double Up, if they go 1-2 you will receive 6 points however if your pick is wrong you receive -3.

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
2-1 - Double & hail-mary! Quadruple-Mary even. (seriously though HAIL-MARY)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Next week there will be a pass interference call made for those that didn't catch their Hail Mary and they will get a chance to 4x their pts

Reactions: 2 people
2-1 and a

tenhail.0.gif

I would also like to call pass interference on Bruin for not wanting the little man a chance at success.

2-1 and a

tenhail.0.gif

I would also like to call pass interference on Bruin for not wanting the little man a chance at success.

Nothing wrong with the little man having a chance to win as long as they are within a score. These rules would be like allowing a team To have one play from the 10 yard line at the end of every game worth 21pts. Why bother with the rest of the game is that's the case?

VN Store

Back