Road to Hoover - 2018 Edition

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
I hate to even start a thread like this again and hopefully this will be the last year we are fighting for Hoover........

As of 4/23/18

Missouri 8-10
@Kentucky
Georgia
@South Carolina
Tennessee

Kentucky 8-10
Missouri
@Tennessee
Mississippi State
@Vanderbilt

Mississippi State 8-10
Texas A&M
@Alabama
@Kentucky
Florida

Tennessee 7-11
@Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
@Missouri

Alabama 5-13
@Arkansas
Mississippi State
@LSU
Ole Miss

The good/bad news is a lot of these teams fighting for the 12th spot are playing one another......

Reactions: 3 people
I hate to even start a thread like this again and hopefully this will be the last year we are fighting for Hoover........

As of 4/23/18

Missouri 8-10
@Kentucky
Georgia
@South Carolina
Tennessee

Kentucky 8-10
Missouri
@Tennessee
Mississippi State
@Vanderbilt

Mississippi State 8-10
Texas A&M
@Alabama
@Kentucky
Florida

Tennessee 7-11
@Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
@Missouri

Alabama 5-13
@Arkansas
Mississippi State
@LSU
Ole Miss

The good/bad news is a lot of these teams fighting for the 12th spot are playing one another......

I am optimistic we avoid sweeps and win two more series and make it to Hoover.

Reactions: 3 people
I am optimistic we avoid sweeps and win two more series and make it to Hoover.

Alabama is done, by far the toughest remaining schedule. Will more than likely come down to us beating Missouri and Florida beating Miss State on the final weekend of play to get in.

Reactions: 1 person
Alabama is done, by far the toughest remaining schedule. Will more than likely come down to us beating Missouri and Florida beating Miss State on the final weekend of play to get in.

I think Miss State gets it done with some ease because they are playing well now and have Bama left. Mizzu is our best shot

I think Miss State gets it done with some ease because they are playing well now and have Bama left. Mizzu is our best shot

A&M may lay the hammer to State this weekend, I’m sure they got an ear-full after yesterday’s game.

A&M may lay the hammer to State this weekend, I’m sure they got an ear-full after yesterday’s game.

Maybe but A&m hasn't won a road series in the SEC yet. It's why I picked us 2-1. Doubt it changes this week

at least two of the teams ahead we get to go head to head with, so, it'll be up to us to finish strong...still, OT, your over/under was 8...that's just one more game, at least for a push, but wouldn't doubt we make the over...that, to me, is a BIG accomplishment...if I remember correctly, Coach V, in his first season is already surpassing Coach Serrano...not to shabby...:thumbsup:

GO BIG ORANGE!

at least two of the teams ahead we get to go head to head with, so, it'll be up to us to finish strong...still, OT, your over/under was 8...that's just one more game, at least for a push, but wouldn't doubt we make the over...that, to me, is a BIG accomplishment...if I remember correctly, Coach V, in his first season is already surpassing Coach Serrano...not to shabby...:thumbsup:

GO BIG ORANGE!

someone else posted the over/under at 8 and I thought we'd surpass that easy. Now I did say before the season if we caught some breaks and stayed healthy we could go 15/15 or close to it. So far the "breaks" didn't go our way against Florida and LSU or we'd be 9 and 9 right now.

This weekend is huge for us IMO.........don't know what to expect however I'll be posting the Pick'em later tonight or in the morning.

someone else posted the over/under at 8 and I thought we'd surpass that easy. Now I did say before the season if we caught some breaks and stayed healthy we could go 15/15 or close to it. So far the "breaks" didn't go our way against Florida and LSU or we'd be 9 and 9 right now.

This weekend is huge for us IMO.........don't know what to expect however I'll be posting the Pick'em later tonight or in the morning.

Georgia feels like a team that has somewhat overachieved this year just looking at their numbers. Feel like we could get 2 this weekend if we keep it rolling from last weekend

oh, ok...so 15/15...wow...nice...I was wondering if we would even make the 8...yeah, Gator/Tiger was big, for sure...yep, still got some ball to play yet, and it could be hard and heavy...we'll see how the boys do...never know...

GBO!

Really enjoyed watching Ole Miss/Miss state tonight. Miss state stays hot and Ole miss paid for breaking a cardinal rule of baseball. Breaking the rule of Never intentionally walking the winning run bite them

couple of good games tonight, Florida up 2-1 on Auburn (Singer vs Mize) in the 4th on ESPNU and LSU vs Ole Miss later tonight on SECN.

The crazy thing is we are one unexpected sweep away from being in the top half of the conference. See what state done vs Arkansas.

Could very well come down to the last weekend. The schedule could not be more favorable. Missouri is 8-9 on the road, lost 2/3 at UK this weekend. Vandy is struggling a bit and we get them at home (5-7 away) and the only staff worse than ours in SEC play is UK, who we also get at home.

Last edited:
Could very well come down to the last weekend. The schedule could not be more favorable. Missouri is 8-9 on the road, lost 2/3 at UK this weekend. Vandy is struggling a bit and we get them at home (5-7 away) and the only staff worse than ours in SEC play is UK, who we also get at home.

I thought this weekend would be the toughest to get a series win. Sure, some of that is my dislike of Vandy, but that one is at home. We need to get the series win against UK and I think we have a good shot.

I thought this weekend would be the toughest to get a series win. Sure, some of that is my dislike of Vandy, but that one is at home. We need to get the series win against UK and I think we have a good shot.

Me too. UGA has been pretty lights out at home, which is why I thought they might sweep us...we gotta take care of business the next two weeks and hope...mostly hope. :p

VN Store

Back