Pick'em - Tennessee Tech

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Tennessee Tech - the nations longest current active win streak at 25.........

Record 34-5, 17-1 OVC
1 common opponent in UTM, TT won 2 lost 1

TOP PROSPECTS, 2018 DRAFT
3 Travis Moths RHP Tennessee Tech
4 Kevin Strohschein OF Tennessee Tech
11 Ethan Robertson RHP Tennessee Tech
13 Collin Harris OF Tennessee Tech

TOP PROSPECTS, 2019 DRAFT
1 Marcus Evey RHP Tennessee Tech
2 Ty King RHP Tennessee Tech
9 Nic Dye LHP Tennessee Tech
10 Anthony Carrera OF Tennessee Tech

IMPACT FRESHMEN
7 Jason Hinchman INF/OF Tennessee Tech

Tennessee Tech (41-21, 23-7) set a program record for wins last season and finished second in the nation with 99 homers. Matt Bragga beat out eight other competitors in the state to win Tennessee Coach of the Year honors after his team won the OVC regular-season title, swept through three games in the conference tournament and made an NCAA regional for the second time during his nine-year tenure. The Golden Eagles beat No. 19 Vanderbilt during the regular season and No. 15 Florida State in their postseason regional. The Golden Eagles were balanced last season, finishing second in the league in runs, ERA and fielding percentage. This season, they may have the deepest team in the league and the best collection of power arms. Senior Travis Moths can hit 97 on radar guns and has a bulldogs tenacity on the mound. He'll sit 92-95 with the offering, though, and offers a plus changeup as part of his arsenal. Following him in the rotation are juniors Ethan Roberts and Ty King. King, who is expected to be the midweek starter to begin the season, has a fastball up to 95, but will sit 90-93 and up to 94-95 at times. Meanwhile, Roberts has a fastball up to 93, but regularly sits 90-92 with the offering with good spin. He also possesses a good sldier, cutter and continues to develop a changeup. He also possesses a funky delivery with a good changeup and breaking ball. Junior Marcus Evey, who can reach 97 mph, is set to be the closer, although he must improve his production (6.75 ERA last year). Evey sits 92-94 and has electric stuff to go with a wipeout breaking ball. The offense gets started by speedy center fielder Alex Junior (.405 on-base). Right fielder Kevin Strohschein (14 homers, 60 RBIs), first baseman Chase Chambers (18 homers, 61 RBIs) and third baseman Trevor Putzig (.394, 6 homers, 52 RBIs) are the anchors in the middle of the lineup. And the Eagles are expecting breakthroughs from explosive talents such as Collin Harris in left field and Anthony Carrera at DH.

Link to Tennessee Tech's Schedule/Results, 2018 Tennessee Tech Baseball Schedule - Tennessee Tech

Tennessee Tech +2.5 and I'm not buying the hype.......

Simply reply WIN or LOSE

Double Up if you're feeling lucky................

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the mid-week games or weekend series
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for a weekend series or WIN or LOSE for a midweek game.
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. Weather will be an issue, I'll post any instructions regarding weather prior to each game, check back often if inclement weather is in play
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering, 2018 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

Point System
Weekend Series
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 or 1-1 for a rained shortened series. No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 2 games due to weather

Midweek Games
2 points for correctly picking the winner
games will be handicapped

Double Up
Double your point value if correct however the original point value is subtracted if your prediction is wrong. Example, you pick the Vols to go 1-2 and you Double Up, if they go 1-2 you will receive 6 points however if your pick is wrong you receive -3.

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Reactions: 2 people
Lose & double up. Tech has 25 consecutive wins, but Vols taking series against A&M was great.

Lose - I always dread it when UT plays my Alma Mater especially in baseball. Baseball is about the only sport besides Men's Tennis and Women's Track that a Tech fan can get excited for. I may be wearing my Purple and Gold tinted glasses on this one but Tech is a force that I don't believe UT will be able to hang with. Their midweek non-conference starters have been a force to be reckoned with and against some decent competition (1 run in 2 games against West Virginia and 2 runs in their only outing against MTSU).

Tech has the best record in the nation and the only thing that has kept them out of the Top 20 all season is SOS. This and next week's midweek game against Vandy are games that could validate their success and possibly propel them to being a Regional Host. I feel like a crazy person to say that little TTU may host a Regional but that is the type of team they have.

I haven't kept up with UT baseball outside of coming in here and checking in on them from time to time so who is their projected starter for this game? I went to the Tech game this past Friday night against Southern Illinois, their starter did not try to overpower them and threw a lot of first pitch off speed. Tech appeared to be looking first pitch FB and are aggressive early in the count. SIU managed to hold Tech to only 4 runs that game with is less than half their average run total per (Yes they average 11 runs per game). I'd take the off speed to start as a philosophy for success until they catch on.

Been looking forward to this one for a while and is the only time of the year where I wouldn't mind seeing the fellas in Orange lose.

Reactions: 2 people
We just beat the #14 team 2 out of 3. I like our chances , plus I think we are throwing Lingo. He throws strikes we will win

Win. Double it up.

VN Store

Back