Rpi

Volsbaseballfan1

RPI sitting at 33 with a strength of schedule of 20. Win a series this weekend and could be in good shape setting up for a regional bid. Hell of a job so far by CTV and the coaching staff. They have made some big adjustments and moves that have paid off so far. The move putting Chrochet as the Friday Night guy and Lingo to the bullpen has paid huge dividends. Lingo threw a lot pitches and struggled to go deep in games. Doesn’t have that problem out of the pen. Really strengthened the bullpen. Possible good career move for him as well. Lots of money to be paid closing out games. Early on we lost a few because of the bullpen. Lingo has been great in the role. Frank Anderson is showing why he is one of the top pitching coaches in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
RPI sitting at 33 with a strength of schedule of 20. Win a series this weekend and could be in good shape setting up for a regional bid. Hell of a job so far by CTV and the coaching staff. They have made some big adjustments and moves that have paid off so far. The move putting Chrochet as the Friday Night guy and Lingo to the bullpen has paid huge dividends. Lingo threw a lot pitches and struggled to go deep in games. Doesn’t have that problem out of the pen. Really strengthened the bullpen. Possible good career move for him as well. Lots of money to be paid closing out games. Early on we lost a few because of the bullpen. Lingo has been great in the role. Frank Anderson is showing why he is one of the top pitching coaches in the country.

Little premature to be talking regional at this point, but a series win against USC would go a long way.

Reactions: 1 person
Little premature to be talking regional at this point, but a series win against USC would go a long way.

Oh I know that I’m just saying with there strength of schedule and good RPI this early helps that you aren’t climbing an uphill battle.

Not getting swept at ole miss was nice...and it was helpful.

Bama was bad and we handled our home buisiness.

This week we get a struggling SC team who also had a couple of significant guys not play last week and those guys are “day to day” this week.

If we can go there and win the series it would be big.

After this weekend things are going to get much tougher. Right now our starting pitchers are going 6-7 innings. They are not walking many and are 2nd only to VU in sec games in terms of walks and team era. I’m not sure our bull pen has really been tested yet. Runs are going to get harder to come by as well.

They have done about as good as they can so far so credit to them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
While it's certainly doable after Carolina our schedule is going to get a whole lot tougher, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Kentucky, & Vanderbilt all look to be really good and not to mention Georgia looks improved over last year. Mizzou & Carolina are about the only series we have left with teams that don't look too great, if we want any shot at making a regional this weekend feels like a must win.

Talking about Regionals at the onset of the SEC schedule . . . First things first, let's get to Hoover then get past the first round. :crossfingers:

I'm still not all that confident that Tennessee will win any more series. South Carolina seems most doable but it's on the road. Maybe Missouri that last weekend.

We don't have a consistent offense and play the ball poorly sometimes as we are out of place defensively in several spots. That's never a good combination for success. Out front line pitching is doing well but we have no depth.

We've lost some games/series to some mediocre -or worse teams

Baseball's a funny game though.

Just I'm really pessimistic right now about UT baseball after 13 years of just bad baseball

Well here is my honest take on Vol baseball this year in the SEC.
Ol Miss - 1-2
Alabama 3-0
S/C 2-1
Florida 1-2
LSU 1-2
A&M - 2-1
Georgia 2-1
Kent - 1-2
Vandy 1-2
Miss 2-1

that would put us 16-14 - went back and looked at history and any where close to this record would be absolutely AWESOME...Considering The Youth on this team...I think the goal for the team is 15 wins...call me crazy But i Believe...LET's GO BABY!!!!

Well here is my honest take on Vol baseball this year in the SEC.
Ol Miss - 1-2
Alabama 3-0
S/C 2-1
Florida 1-2
LSU 1-2
A&M - 2-1
Georgia 2-1
Kent - 1-2
Vandy 1-2
Miss 2-1

that would put us 16-14 - went back and looked at history and any where close to this record would be absolutely AWESOME...Considering The Youth on this team...I think the goal for the team is 15 wins...call me crazy But i Believe...LET's GO BABY!!!!

If we don’t get swept in a single SEC series I will be absolutely stunned. I like the confidence though.

I sound like a broken record but, the only way we get swept this season will be because of defense and lack of offensive power. The pitching staff is 8 deep deep and improving every day.

I sound like a broken record but, the only way we get swept this season will be because of defense and lack of offensive power. The pitching staff is 8 deep deep and improving every day.

In sec games only 7 pitchers have pitched and 1 of those faced 1 batter.

If you think the three starters will pitch 6,7,8 innings in every sec outing you will probably be disappointed.

Reactions: 2 people
In sec games only 7 pitchers have pitched and 1 of those faced 1 batter.

If you think the three starters will pitch 6,7,8 innings in every sec outing you will probably be disappointed.

If the defense plays clean and we swing the bats, 1 of the 3 starters should be able to cover 6 innings, the staff has several set up guys that will get us to Lingo. Maybe I'll be disappointed but it's not going to be because the pitching staff can't compete.

If the defense plays clean and we swing the bats, 1 of the 3 starters should be able to cover 6 innings, the staff has several set up guys that will get us to Lingo. Maybe I'll be disappointed but it's not going to be because the pitching staff can't compete.

The pitching staff is plenty good but the problem is there are going to be 2-1 type losses the rest of the way. It happens to everyone

I look forward to seeing that team, we haven't seen it yet.

In 6 SEC baseball games, 3 against a good team, 3 against a bad team... as a team we are batting .265, worst in the league.

In those same games, our fielding percentage is .969, tied for worst and we have 31 errors, good for 13th. This is in part, because our pitchers have given up the most hits in the league.

We have another good matchup this week with a team missing some significant pieces, we desperately need to win this series.

I'm optimistic but I'm also a realist.

GBO!!!

First time really watching Crochet tonight and I am all in for this guy. Love his potential

VN Store

Back