Pick'em - Cincinatti 3/9 - 3/11

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
We are picking the outcome of a 2-game and 3-game series, weather looking "snowy" on Sunday

No Double Up this weekend

Cincinatti Bearcats (7-5)

Projected Order of Finish Last in the American Conference

Top Prospects, 2018 Draft
20 A.J. Bumpass OF Cincinnati
38 Cam Alldred LHP Cincinnati
39 Manny Rodriguez SS Cincinnati

Top Prospects, 2019 Draft
22 Reese Robinson RHP Cincinnati
25 Nathan Kroger RHP Cincinnati
27 Jace Mercer SS/2B Cincinnati

Impact Freshmen
18 Garrett Schoenle LHP Cincinnati

Cincinnati hasn't posted a winning overall record since 2011, and the Bearcats dismissed coach Ty Neal after four seasons in the wake of some off-field turmoil last spring. They replaced him with Scott Googins, who led Xavier to regionals in three of the last four years. Googins inherits a roster with some nice veteran pieces in the lineup but must answer some questions on the mound. The centerpiece of the lineup is Jr. OF AJ Bumpass (.287/.384/.491, 7 HR), who was drafted in the 29th round by the Reds as an eligible sophomore but returned to campus for his junior year. He brings an exciting combination of athleticism and emerging power potential. Seniors Connor McVey and Manny Rodriguez (one of the slickest defensive shortstops in the conference) give Cincinnati a reliable pair of vets on the left side of the infield, and athletic switch-hitter Jace Mercer (.273/.345/.358) is an emerging sophomore talent at second base. The Bearcats also have a rock-solid senior leader behind the plate in Joey Thomas, who has good catch-and-throw skills.
Veteran lefties JT Perez (2-7, 4.42) and Cam Alldred (2-1, 4.85) give the weekend rotation some good experience, but Cincinnati needs more out of them in 2018. So. RHP Nathan Kroger (3-1, 4.38) is an emerging talent who also should vie for a weekend job, along with promising freshman LHP Garrett Schoenle. And the bullpen has a dependable senior anchor in RHP David Orndorff (5-4, 3.41, 7 SV). With those seasoned veterans sprinkled throughout the roster, Cincinnati could surprise in the AAC under Googins steady leadership. They just need a number of their returnees to boost their productivity.

link to Cincinnati's schedule 2018 Baseball Schedule - University of Cincinnati

SIMPLY REPLY SWEEP, 1-1, OR SWEPT for a 2-game series and SWEEP, 2-1, 1-2 or SWEPT for a 3-game series

The Games are not handicapped, just like any other weekend series.

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend Series or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. Weather will be an issue, I'll post any instructions regarding weather prior to each game, check back often if inclement weather is in play
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I
11. if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3-game Sweep, you get 1 point. If you predicted the sweep you still get 6. Hey, we all love the sweep! Picking the Vols to go 1-2 and they get Swept gets you nothing
12. Double Up option once SEC plays begin or on special occasion beforehand, If you REPLY "Double Up" and predict correctly, your points are doubled. If you do not predict correctly your points are subtracted from your total. You must specify "Double Up" in your post prior to the 1st pitch of the 1st game.

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

No "Double-Up" until SEC play begins or until posted on special occasion.........

Point System
Weekend Series
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 or 1-1 for a rained shortened series. No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 2 games due to weather

Midweek Games
2 points for correctly picking the winner
games will be handicapped

Double Up
Double your point value if correct however points are subtracted if your prediction is wrong. Example, you pick the Vols to go 2-1 and you Double Up, If they go 2-1 you will receive 6 points however if your pick is wrong you receive -3.

2018 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums, NO GAMBLING ALLOWED!

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Reactions: 1 person
I'm so confused about this team...well, here goes...

2-0

2-1

GO BIG ORANGE!

My momma always said, "Tennessee Baseball was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

980x.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back