Maturing needed quickly

MTSU is a good program, UT aint. coach and the player quoted sound like little whiney kids. will UT ever be good again, seems like forever

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting....Well Coach V was getting the business from some fan during the game . Who was that? Put a sock in it. 🤐🤐🤐

They didn’t hire who Bruin wanted, so years more of this nitpicking. :pinch:

Reactions: 4 people
I think CTV will turn this program around,,Your just going to have to give him more than 12 games,, Yes they will take their lumps this year, but I think the kids are playing hard,,and CTV will do a good job IMO

Is it true that super fan was a parent. I heard a name but do not want to put it in print until it is confirmed.
Crazy.

can't say what was being said during the game or interactions Right???? Was he screaming at CTV??

Is it true that super fan was a parent. I heard a name but do not want to put it in print until it is confirmed.
Crazy.

If it was a parent they need to realize this is not little league and nothing will get a player exiled to the far end of a bench or worse no matter who it is or was. Coached all over for up to 30 yrs now and this is college baseball and be a fan but do not direct at the coach or a player in general.

well, we are the youngest team in the nation with a whole bunch of freshmen and sophmores so that maturity thing may take a couple years...even for Coach V...:)

PS. may test a BaseVol fan's endurance...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

So, why the secrecy? If said, in public, at a public event, then there it is. Re-telling a fact is not gossip. I for one, heard our new coach drop an "F U" on a Maryland pitcher that CTV thought was quick pitching us. I was in shock. Told a few UT folks as well that was not going to be tolerated. So, CTV needs to mature VERY VERY quickly, or the SEC coaches will roast his behind on the recruiting trail for this.

So, why the secrecy? If said, in public, at a public event, then there it is. Re-telling a fact is not gossip. I for one, heard our new coach drop an "F U" on a Maryland pitcher that CTV thought was quick pitching us. I was in shock. Told a few UT folks as well that was not going to be tolerated. So, CTV needs to mature VERY VERY quickly, or the SEC coaches will roast his behind on the recruiting trail for this.

The more I hear the less I like this guy. Losing isn't going to bother me early on but these things we are seeing shouldn't be tolerated

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah and that language would never be used by other SEC programs HA!!....people need to get a thicker skin its a competitive environment with aggressive personalities.

Yeah and that language would never be used by other SEC programs HA!!....people need to get a thicker skin its a competitive environment with aggressive personalities.

Saying FU directly to another player is very very different than using poor language

CTV is a strong coach and I support him 100%

CDS said plenty and no one cared then.

But parents in the stands yelling at CTV is not a good thing at all.

Go Vols.

Put a sock in it.🤫🤫🤫

CTV is a strong coach and I support him 100%

CDS said plenty and no one cared then.

But parents in the stands yelling at CTV is not a good thing at all.

Go Vols.

Put a sock in it.🤫🤫🤫

Agreed about the parents. F them

I’ve been to countless SEC and SoCon games and the chatter from coaches is not my cup of tea.....it is what it is however. Don’t necessarily agree with the “curse” words but it happens.

Big fan of CTV and I know the players like playing for him and the staff a lot, they like his fire. I do agree to some degree with Bruin, he’ll get better as the “head” guy as time goes but so far I think the positives far exceed the negatives at this time.

Reactions: 4 people
I am sure Butch Jones “on the sidelines” never said darn it that’s not fair. Please support CTV or stay home and watch on TV.

Having myself played the game, through professional ball, I never, not a single time, ever heard a manager curse an opposing teams player during a game. Not once. One of those unwritten rules. If players want to get into it, then I agree with you...boys will be boys. If CTV wants to mix it up with the opposing teams Manager....fine. He broke well known baseball (unwritten) rule there.

Having myself played the game, through professional ball, I never, not a single time, ever heard a manager curse an opposing teams player during a game. Not once. One of those unwritten rules. If players want to get into it, then I agree with you...boys will be boys. If CTV wants to mix it up with the opposing teams Manager....fine. He broke well known baseball (unwritten) rule there.

Amen

From what I took from it, the f-word was not directed at the pitcher directly however it was an “adjective” used describing that he was quick pitching. I think this whole thing is getting overblown a bit....I can assure you if a choice word was directed at a player directly from a manager, the opposing manager would have gone berserk. Just my take.

From what I took from it, the f-word was not directed at the pitcher directly however it was an “adjective” used describing that he was quick pitching. I think this whole thing is getting overblown a bit....I can assure you if a choice word was directed at a player directly from a manager, the opposing manager would have gone berserk. Just my take.

I read it to be directed at the player not about the player

VN Store

Back