Lipscomb - Pick'em 2/20

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Fresh off a 2-1 Series win against UNC Asheville, Lipscomb University out of the Atlantic Sun Conference rolls into K-Ville for a 3:30 matchup Tuesday.

Lipscomb (28-28, 9-12) has brought in 12 new players – eight freshmen and four junior-college players. There are eight new pitchers, four right-handers and four lefties. Jeff Forehand, set to begin his 12th season as Bisons coach, needs several of those newcomers to establish themselves to negate the talent that left campus after last season. Starting pitchers Brady Puckett (15th round, Marlins) and Jeff Passantino (40th round, Cubs) departed to the pros. In addition, the Bisons lost center fielder and leadoff man Michael Gugliotti, who was drafted in the fourth round by the Royals. Gugliotti was the ASUN’s Co-Defensive Player of the Year. Fortunately for the Bisons, there are some replacements ready for business. Second baseman Lee Solomon finished 19th nationally with 23 steals, hit a team-high 16 doubles and was fifth in the league with 41 runs. He will replace Gugliotti as the leadoff man. The middle of the lineup is solid with first baseman Cade Sorrells (.426 on-base), DH Jake Perry (.472 slugging percentage) and third baseman Zeke Dodson (.842 OPS). Forehand promised more power from his lineup this season and raved about how quickly his revamped pitching staff came together this past fall.

VOLS are -2.5
Simply reply WIN or LOSE

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend Series or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. Weather will be an issue, I'll post any instructions regarding weather prior to each game, check back often if inclement weather is in play
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I
11. if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3-game Sweep, you get 1 point. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep! Picking the Vols to go 1-2 and they get Swept gets you nothing

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

No "Double-Up" until SEC play begins or until posted on special occasion.........

Point System
Weekend Series
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 or 1-1 for a rained shortened series. No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
5 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 2 games due to weather

Midweek Games
2 points for correctly picking the winner
games will be handicapped

2018 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums, NO GAMBLING ALLOWED!

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Reactions: 2 people
From what I saw this weekend, after you get past the first two pitchers, it gets really dicey.

LOSE

VN Store

Back