CTV Interview - 12/13/17

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
On Demand | WNML-AF

Sports Talk Playback

He has camps coming up so he plugs those...

Discusses the health of youth baseball...

Talks about baseball analytics in college baseball...

Discusses being ranked #6 (PG) in recruiting...

CTV asked WHEN he will be on Twitter...

Season Tickets and enhancements, The Porch, Graphics, Bleachers (1st Base) will be chair backs, left field line needs improvements, etc...

Talks Fulmer and Pruitt...

Reactions: 1 person
One thing that really stood out to me was that everyone knows how close the '18 class is with each other despite not even being on campus yet. Great thing to see and hopefully it keeps someone of them at school and out of the minors for a couple years.

I enjoyed what he said regarding not necessarily being the biggest and best, but being 1st class. Hopefully that means streaming our home non-conference schedule/midweek games.

You know, just in case CTV is reading...:whistling:

GBO!!!

I enjoyed what he said regarding not necessarily being the biggest and best, but being 1st class. Hopefully that means streaming our home non-conference schedule/midweek games.

You know, just in case CTV is reading...:whistling:

GBO!!!

Not all of our games are streamed? First I am hearing of this.

would like to see something in the dugout I haven't seen too much in the last few years...chemistry and excitement for the game and each other just like they were real teammates on a mission...:yes:...:thumbsup:

GO BIG ORANGE!

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/scottyd30/status/953368129362636800[/Twitter]

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this lol

A couple of observations I have heard about CTV:
-- His fall "showcase" camps were not well run and didn't include individual skills testing in front of the coaching staff. Only scrimmaging. No write ups on velo off the mound or grading of the players' individual abilities. Spoke to some parents whose sons attended this and other camps and they would not recommend UT's "showcases" to anyone else.

-- He spoke at a statewide coach's event recently and was not impressive in his presentation. Corbin and Mingione also spoke and the comparisons were not favorable.

Not trying to pile on the guy but he needs to get up to speed quickly in establishing a more favorable image for the UT baseball program. These are not my observations but things I have heard from others. Would like to hear from others on these subjects and others.

-- His fall "showcase" camps were not well run and didn't include individual skills testing in front of the coaching staff. Only scrimmaging. No write ups on velo off the mound or grading of the players' individual abilities. Spoke to some parents whose sons attended this and other camps and they would not recommend UT's "showcases" to anyone else.

-- He spoke at a statewide coach's event recently and was not impressive in his presentation. Corbin and Mingione also spoke and the comparisons were not favorable.

Not trying to pile on the guy but he needs to get up to speed quickly in establishing a more favorable image for the UT baseball program. These are not my observations but things I have heard from others. Would like to hear from others on these subjects and others.

Damn.

Yikes. Not good.

The presentation by Corbin blew CTV out of the water. Now he did say he would talk about anything and didn't pick the subject.

I came away with the impression that he has to recruit well to be successful.

The presentation by Corbin blew CTV out of the water. Now he did say he would talk about anything and didn't pick the subject.

Hmmm....let’s see, Corbin has been a successful HC for a long time at a high level. CTV has been one for a few months. If anyone takes this presentation as a sign that he won’t be successful you should get a reality check.

I think that is the only way any SEC school can be successful, and I don’t mean that in a sarcastic way towards you. Also, last year Corbin’s Hitting Coach put on a snooze fest. I am glad Corbin came this year.

VN Store

Back