Baseball losses mount up.....

Advol

H4eCRz2.png

Reactions: 1 person
What drives our expenses to be so high? Our facilities aren't that large or new?

I think this graph shows that winning won't fix it. See Florida or even Vandy. Florida has been winning but is still losing money. I think this just confirms how poorly managed our athletic department is. Something is wrong with leadership when you can have the 2nd highest expenses, but be one of the worst programs and 10th in revenue. It will be interesting to see if this changes some with our new AD

Well Coach DS made lots of coin but he is gone.

He was in the 400k range
Coach Thomas was in the $175 range

And then travel. So not hard to loose money.

Who cares the football team covers it for all sports.

You think swimming & golf make any money?

Coach Vitello is mentioned in this week's Sports Illustrated in an article on Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals.

Good publicity for the UT baseball program.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Vitello is mentioned in this week's Sports Illustrated in an article on Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals.

Good publicity for the UT baseball program.

Teenagers aren’t reading sports illustrated

So what accounts for revenues other than ticket sales to home games?

Im sure radio rights (if any $ paid) account for some and concessions.

SEC TV money, while probably not directly applied to baseball would soften this number somewhat.

Overall, Tennessee does a pitiful marketing effort in a lot of their sports. Not surprised about this

Is Coach V supposed to BE a good pitching coach? Or just that he is good at evaluating potential talent? IMO, there is nothing more important in baseball than having someone that can teach a kid how to pitch.

Is Coach V supposed to BE a good pitching coach? Or just that he is good at evaluating potential talent? IMO, there is nothing more important in baseball than having someone that can teach a kid how to pitch.

It's been a long time since he coached pitchers he is more of a position/hitting coach. He hired a good pitching coach.

TV is a team coach. Anderson is experienced with pitchers, and is the sage of the group. V will be good for the mindset of the team overall, including the pitchers.

It ain't facilities. I question these numbers.
Look at what Miss. State is investing.
If you were at Davis Wade Stadium on Saturday, you may have seen the latest new renderings video of the #NewDude & we've got good news!

Here's an extended cut of the video with even more views of the New Dudy Noble Field!

UTs stadium is an embarrassment and yet they've continued to sink money into that dump.

That's depressing, but unfortunately there's just not that much interest in Tennessee Baseball at this time.

I hope Coach V can get us there. At this point I just hope we stream the games like everybody else.

VN Store

Back