1517 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on New poster wanting opinions on this years team Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-31-2017, 10:24 PM   #16
HuntlandVolinColo

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTVfanclub101 View Post
Hi all I'm new to program, son incoming freshman, and looking about opinions on this years team. Son was recruited by last staff and sorry to see them go but like what we see out of Coach Vitello and staff.
I just popped your like Cherry!

I need a smoke.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #17
HuntlandVolinColo

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
There enough talent on the team that they should have won at least 5 more games last year.

They should improve this upcoming season.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #18
RollerVol

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTVfanclub101 View Post
Sorry I was misunderstood. My son will be part of this years team and the next 4 years hopefully. We are excited about being part of the GBO family. Thanks for the warm welcomes.
oh, cool...well, that's a horse of a different color...

PS. congrats to you and your family...knockahoma...

GO BIG ORANGE!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #19
VFLinFL
Best Vol Fan

Welcome to VolNation!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #20
Roustabout

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchna View Post
Different rules huh?
He's on a partial scholly.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #21
banjo hitter

Lingo and Stallings did well yesterday.
@ vols baseball fan. Yes Beniot can sling it. Yesterday could not fine the ZONE. Hope that was just first day nerves!

We need a SS.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #22
Volsbaseballfan

Any news coming out of fall practice yet?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #23
StrangeVol

New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Honestly, I don't have any idea what to expect. None whatsoever.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to the season and seeing if we have at long last found a coach that can dig us out of the cellar.

Glad to have you with us and best of luck to your son.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
OldTimer
"Mr. Optimistic"

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsbaseballfan View Post
Any news coming out of fall practice yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVol View Post
Honestly, I don't have any idea what to expect. None whatsoever.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to the season and seeing if we have at long last found a coach that can dig us out of the cellar.

Glad to have you with us and best of luck to your son.
Pitching will be improved from last year, more team depth and two legitimate SEC starters

Hitting will be greatly improved from last year, you will see more power in 2018, not just in HR's but in the gaps too.

Defense might be the achilles heel this year...

Overall a much improved team due to experience, attitude, and COACHING/DEVELOPMENT!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see more SEC wins this year then we've seen in a long time.

I'll be offering 5 Bonus points for this years Pick'em soon. I'll be coming up with an over/under in SEC wins to be predicted before the season starts. Still analyzing the line at the moment....OT
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #25
NorCalVol67
Give...Him...6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Pitching will be improved from last year, more team depth and two legitimate SEC starters

Hitting will be greatly improved from last year, you will see more power in 2018, not just in HR's but in the gaps too.

Defense might be the achilles heel this year...

Overall a much improved team due to experience, attitude, and COACHING/DEVELOPMENT!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see more SEC wins this year then we've seen in a long time.

I'll be offering 5 Bonus points for this years Pick'em soon. I'll be coming up with an over/under in SEC wins to be predicted before the season starts. Still analyzing the line at the moment....OT
Are you doing anything for the Orange & White World Series?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #26
OldTimer
"Mr. Optimistic"

New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team New poster wanting opinions on this years team
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalVol67 View Post
Are you doing anything for the Orange & White World Series?
Yes, 3 points

Once the team rosters are released Iíll post a thread.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #27
31VFL

Vitello said today that Lingo and Stallings are pretty far ahead of the other starters. He thinks Lingo's off-speed stuff is really coming on well thanks to Anderson and Lingo's work. He said they put what they think is their starting 9 on the field against the 2's and the starting 9 beat them pretty handily. Lot's of work left, obviously.
Reply With Quote TOP