Equipment Contracts

Birdie18

Since things are quiet in baseball land, how about a discussion on equipment contracts…primarily baseball bats and our team contract with DeMarini.

In the 2016 NCAA Baseball CWS 28% used Easton, 20% DeMarini, 27% Rawlings, 17% Louisville, 5% Adidas, and 3% other. Of the final eight only one team (Oklahoma State) swung DeMarini. That said, how long is a bat contract and could (should) Vitello look at other options…possibly Easton or maybe a new brand like Marucci?

Reactions: 1 person
never have been a fan of bat and glove contracts, a bat and glove are a personal "feel" thing and not everyones loves the same brand, even though the brand has different models. I'd let each player choose what they are comfortable with and pay for it from the budget. I imagine the cost of bats and gloves are nominal in the grand scheme of things.......

Georgia lost the CWS using NIKE bats in 2008!

Reactions: 4 people
More important is the people swinging the bat. Can you hit a fastball!

Hell yeah, I could hit a fastball; but I was more concerned that a fastball could hit me. that and lack of talent kept me out of the bigs, and semi-pro, and city leagues. lol :dance2:

Reactions: 2 people
gave you all a like...at least it was about baseball...:)

PS. OP, gonna let Coach V take that question...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, I could hit a fastball; but I was more concerned that a fastball could hit me. that and lack of talent kept me out of the bigs, and semi-pro, and city leagues. lol :dance2:

Couldn't make its past American Legion level myself! :thud:

Wilson was a Serrano thing, so I'd expect it to change in the near future.

Rawlings' deal with UT for softball gives them an exclusive negotiating period if UT makes a change in baseball.

Wilson was a Serrano thing, so I'd expect it to change in the near future.

Rawlings' deal with UT for softball gives them an exclusive negotiating period if UT makes a change in baseball.

Agree with you DeerPark change is coming. Here's what Serrano had-

Company: Wilson

Length of contract: 4 years (through June 30, 2017)

Annual compensation: Tennessee receives $125,000

Bonuses: Tennessee receives $5,000 for SEC regular-season title; $10,000 if Dave Serrano is national coach of the year; $5,000 for NCAA regional appearance, $15,000 for NCAA super regional appearance, or $20,000 for College World Series appearance; $30,000 for national runner-up or $60,000 for national championship.

Free products: 1,000 camp T-shirts; 60 DeMarini bats; 288 batting gloves; 100 wristbands; 72 dozen practice baseballs; 50 fielders' gloves; 50 helmets; 60 bat bags; 10 ball bags; 12 catcher's gear; 20 baseball buckets; 30 composite bats; 10 dozen ATEC dimple balls.

Promotional rights: Tennessee grants Wilson the right to use NCAA-compliant images of the baseball team. The Tennessee web site must have logos of Wilson and DeMarini and links to those company web sites. Wilson is the title sponsor of one event annually at Tennessee. Wilson holds a "Glove Day" sales event at Tennessee. Wilson can use Tennessee's baseball field at least once a year for mutually agreeable uses for no less than four hours. Tennessee will prominently display Wilson, DeMarini and/or ATEC banners at all baseball functions. Wilson gets a full-page ad in Tennessee's media guide. Tennessee coach Dave Serrano, a named party in the agreement, is a Wilson advisory staff member.

Contract restrictions: Tennessee is obligated "without limitation" to have its baseball team exclusively use and endorse Wilson products.

VN Store

Back