Josh Elander new Asst coach

zachpack

Kendall Rogers reporting that we have hired former Ark volunteer ASST coach as one of our full time ASST coaches. Played for Vitello at TCU.

Reactions: 1 person
Dumb as heck waiting so long to hire this guy. Heck he was even on the road recruiting for Arkansas. Bs

Kendall Rogers reporting that we have hired former Ark volunteer ASST coach as one of our full time ASST coaches. Played for Vitello at TCU.

Arkansas fans were really high on this guy as well.

If he was so good at Arkansas why didn't they hire him to replace Vitello?

I think they saw him as too inexperienced for that #1 assistant role. They took the main recruiter / ASST from Missouri state instead...great hire too. Elander will do good here. He is another relentless recruiter, young and able to relate to these kids. Having been at both TCU and Ark. he has seen what it takes to be successful.

Reactions: 2 people
I think they saw him as too inexperienced for that #1 assistant role. They took the main recruiter / ASST from Missouri state instead...great hire too. Elander will do good here. He is another relentless recruiter, young and able to relate to these kids. Having been at both TCU and Ark. he has seen what it takes to be successful.

Yep. Not good enough for Arkansas but good enough for us to wait all summer on to hire. Makes no sense.

I agree with your post except how the hell do you know he is a relentless recruiter? No way to know and the SEC isn't the place to find out.

Dang!! Lighten up Francis!! Vitello hasn't even lost a game yet. :)

Ha. Look his commits so far have been great but you can't make a living outside of the SE IMO. We now have a staff with zero SE ties, a recruiting cordinator that has never recruited, and recruited the heart of the summer with one man down so he could wait to see if he was hired at Arkansas.

It's what he does. Find something innocuous and pounce on it like a rabid Rottweiler on a toddler. :boredom:

Reactions: 5 people
He got most of the credit for the power surge with Arkansas. A lot of Arkansas people praised him last year, a lot like Anderson, feel pretty good about the hire

He got most of the credit for the power surge with Arkansas. A lot of Arkansas people praised him last year, a lot like Anderson, feel pretty good about the hire

I am not opposed to the hire although I think we needed a coach with recruiting experience and in the SE. We got neither. I am pissed we let him work for Arkansas all summer allowing him to try and get that job first. That's bs

I am not opposed to the hire although I think we needed a coach with recruiting experience and in the SE. We got neither. I am pissed we let him work for Arkansas all summer allowing him to try and get that job first. That's bs

I agree with everything you are saying. But, it hasn't kept me up at night!

I like it, expected it earlier, maybe he tried to look at some others. So far, he's taken his time making hires, I don't mind it. He seems to like to do the research, that's not a bad thing at all imo.

As with all things Big Orange lately...we shall see.

GBO!!!

So, Anderson and Elander. Any word on a hitting coach and while on the topic what's up with Todd Helton?

You’re saying a student assistant coach is now the head hitting coach at UT? I don’t argue he can handle a bat (.333 at TCU) but figured he was rocking the assistant recruiting gig?

He and Vitello handled the hitting at Arkansas.

Head coaches need to manage and assistant coaches need to coach…..figured that lesson was taught during Serrano’s pitching / HC era.

Then we just hired a coach with no fulltime coaching experience to be our "offensive coordinator".

Last edited:
Head coaches need to manage and assistant coaches need to coach…..figured that lesson was taught during Serrano’s pitching / HC era.

I'm guessing Vitello saw enough to trust him as the hitting coach. I'm not saying Vitello is going to be the one leading the way with hitters.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back