New baseball commit yesterday: Garrett Crochet

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
[twitter]https://twitter.com/GarrettCrochet/status/882256980123025409[/twitter]

“I felt really comfortable with the new Tennessee coaching staff,” Crochet said. “They got a new pitching coach who I think is going to be a real game-changer.

“I feel like I could go in and really help turn the program around.”

Crochet said he hasn’t been promised any specific role on Tony Vitello’s first team, but expects to compete for innings as a freshman.

Crochet is now listed at 6-foot-5, 190 pounds and in addition to throwing a low-90s fastball, he mixes in an 80-82 mph slider with a 12-6 curveball that’s 76-80 as his out pitch.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/high-school/article159572804.html

Reactions: 7 people
He started the season with two rough outings then had another about mid-season. But the rest of his appearances looked pretty solid.

Stallings, Lingenfelter and this guy could be the first three in the starting rotation next season.

another (hopefully) good arm is always welcomed...I'd love to see a shutdown arm for us...would be nice...hope this young man can fill the bill...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Looking back at this thread makes my jaw drop how this guy was avaibale last summer. Hell of a get

Looking back at this thread makes my jaw drop how this guy was avaibale last summer. Hell of a get

So it was a unique situation. He hit a growth spurt his senior in high school and his velocity jumped from low 80s to upper 80’s low 90s in his senior year. By the team the spring hit he was already signed with a juco. Vitello had a relationship there and was tracking his progress late in the spring for a possibility at Arkansas and when he got the Tennessee Job he was his first call. Crochet was CTV’s first commit as coach. He took a visit to Texas as well but it was pretty between Tennessee and Texas. He struggled with command tonight especially on his off speed stuff. He has potential to be star. He was topping out at 94 tonight it looked like on TV.

Reactions: 1 person
So it was a unique situation. He hit a growth spurt his senior in high school and his velocity jumped from low 80s to upper 80’s low 90s in his senior year. By the team the spring hit he was already signed with a juco. Vitello had a relationship there and was tracking his progress late in the spring for a possibility at Arkansas and when he got the Tennessee Job he was his first call. Crochet was CTV’s first commit as coach. He took a visit to Texas as well but it was pretty between Tennessee and Texas. He struggled with command tonight especially on his off speed stuff. He has potential to be star. He was topping out at 94 tonight it looked like on TV.

Thanks for the info

VN Store

Back