Vitello hires pitching coach

Solid hire, I so long for Tennessee Baseball to get back to respectability. It's so discouraging every year to see schools like Vandy, Kentucky, and others doing well in Baseball while THE University of Tennessee struggles in the basement of the SEC. Looking forward to what this new staff can accomplish.

Reactions: 3 people
Solid hire, I so long for Tennessee Baseball to get back to respectability. It's so discouraging every year to see schools like Vandy, Kentucky, and others doing well in Baseball while THE University of Tennessee struggles in the basement of the SEC. Looking forward to what this new staff can accomplish.

Well, outside of a few guys like Helton and Dickey, Tennessee baseball has never really built a great baseball tradition. One big way to change that is for guys like you who obviously care about the BaseVols to convince other Tennessee fans who have never gotten on board to come to games. Talk to fans in other forums. Get people you know from, work, church, wherever (just as long it isn't that weird guy who hangs out at Chucky Cheese). The more support the team has, the greater priority it becomes to the university.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, outside of a few guys like Helton and Dickey, Tennessee baseball has never really built a great baseball tradition. One big way to change that is for guys like you who obviously care about the BaseVols to convince other Tennessee fans who have never gotten on board to come to games. Talk to fans in other forums. Get people you know from, work, church, wherever (just as long it isn't that weird guy who hangs out at Chucky Cheese). The more support the team has, the greater priority it becomes to the university.

How often does one have to hang out at Chucky Cheese to be considered weird? Asking for a friend. . . .....

I listened to Vitello's latest interview and I'm really impressed with him and excited about the vision he has for Tennessee baseball. He's already hitting the recruiting trail hard and stated that he's going to take it slow and make sure he assembles the best staff possible at Tennessee, so it may take more time then some may want or expect. He said that strength coach was next biggest hire in his opinion.

He mentioned that we should not expect any surprise turnover. Team received him well and was excited for the future of Tennessee baseball under his leadership. One player asked permission to talk to other schools and Serrano mentioned wanting to stay if Astros do not pay what he is asking.

He went on to talk about how special Knoxville is and that the kids we have want to play for Tennessee, not just any coach. He said that was special and awesome. He's also going to start having showcases so local players that might have been overlooked can display their skills.

Lastly, he said Frank Anderson has committed to coach at Tennessee, but it's not official yet due to paperwork. Obviously want it to be official, but he has been telling our pitching recruits to look up his resume and that it speaks for itself. So he said he fully expects him to be a part of the staff. He said Frank and his wife were blown away with Knoxville and that is why they chose Knoxville over a couple other high profile jobs.

I'm really liking all the excitement and things Vitello is saying about Tennessee baseball.

I listened to Vitello's latest interview and I'm really impressed with him and excited about the vision he has for Tennessee baseball. He's already hitting the recruiting trail hard and stated that he's going to take it slow and make sure he assembles the best staff possible at Tennessee, so it may take more time then some may want or expect. He said that strength coach was next biggest hire in his opinion.

He mentioned that we should not expect any surprise turnover. Team received him well and was excited for the future of Tennessee baseball under his leadership. One player asked permission to talk to other schools and Serrano mentioned wanting to stay if Astros do not pay what he is asking.

He went on to talk about how special Knoxville is and that the kids we have want to play for Tennessee, not just any coach. He said that was special and awesome. He's also going to start having showcases so local players that might have been overlooked can display their skills.

Lastly, he said Frank Anderson has committed to coach at Tennessee, but it's not official yet due to paperwork. Obviously want it to be official, but he has been telling our pitching recruits to look up his resume and that it speaks for itself. So he said he fully expects him to be a part of the staff. He said Frank and his wife were blown away with Knoxville and that is why they chose Knoxville over a couple other high profile jobs.

I'm really liking all the excitement and things Vitello is saying about Tennessee baseball.

Yep, what you said, I second it! He's saying all the right things, now we just need to win some baseball games. He seems to have the fire required and I wish him the best.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back